B-17 at the Pima Air & Space Museum, Tucson

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I recently went out to Arizona. The Pima Air and Space Museum is just off of I-10 in Tucson, Arizona. It's a pretty fantastic place, and they have a fully restored B-17 bomber in it's own special hanger.

RxkYeC4l.jpg

Vs4jbTBl.jpg

oVG5Xq9l.jpg

N880Vvfl.jpg

09XZeE1l.jpg

cW5FRsil.jpg

6QiCw50l.jpg

DyV6SJQl.jpg

0BkvmPil.jpg

tinman

Buckeye
Used to frequent Tucson a couple times a month. Always made time to go out and walk around the displays. Great place. :D

tinman said:
Used to frequent Tucson a couple times a month. Always made time to go out and walk around the displays. Great place. :D

Please don't tell me you drove there every month! Yikes.

But yeah, we actually stopped there two times, on the way to and from Phoenix, and still didn't see everything. The museum is spread out over 80 acres.

If ever in the Tucson area make a point to visit, and don't plan on anything else for that day except perhaps "the boneyard" Davis-Monthan. It is a great museum
The wife next to a 'wide body gunship".
IWSGyIRh.jpg

jgt

Buckeye
I believe they have a Titan II missile silo made into a museum you can see. It may take a few hours. Ask them about the one that went off in the silo without being launched.

That's a nice picture Frank. I had trouble getting the a picture of the whole aircraft. But they also have a couple Nuclear Weapons, minus the important parts I hope. They look just like the bombs James Bond diffuses.

jNlFrwGl.jpg

IAWajPNl.jpg

tinman

Buckeye
Kevin said:
tinman said:

Please don't tell me you drove there every month! Yikes.

But yeah, we actually stopped there two times, on the way to and from Phoenix, and still didn't see everything. The museum is spread out over 80 acres.

No sir, only did that drive a couple of times. Had a girlfriend out that way and the airfares were dirt cheap. I remember many times being one of just a hand full of passengers on a plane from DFW to Tucson airport.....so few in fact that they actually came and reseated us around the cabin to balance out the craft. Flying also gave me more time to explore the region.....which is how I discovered the Museum. 8)

Kevin said:
That's a nice picture Frank. I had trouble getting the a picture of the whole aircraft. But they also have a couple Nuclear Weapons, minus the important parts I hope. They look just like the bombs James Bond diffuses.

jNlFrwGl.jpg

IAWajPNl.jpg

Do they still have the B-57 that goes with this?

hollywood63

Bearcat
Me and the bride where there in February. Unless I missed it the Ford Glider display was gone. Kinda disappointing as my Dad was instrumental it getting them 90% of the parts to put one together. The B-17 is in a new building since I was there last which is still a awesome display. Always on my to do list when in the area.