Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
sZv8mg4.jpg

Start the new year with a old Argentine Mauser in 30/06

gunman42782

Hunter
toysoldier said:
If that rifle has been rechambered from the original 7.65 Mauser, it may not shoot well unless you reload with the proper diameter bullet.
Yes, I have read about the bore being .311 instead of .308. I have not slugged the barrel, but it appears to shoot quite well, with the exception it shoots about a foot high at 100 yards!

gunzo

Buckeye
My first rifle was a semi-sporterized Mauser in 30-06. It had a turned down bolt handle & the crest on the front ring was some type of Spanish. I've looked up all the crest & nothing rang a bell, but I had the gun a long time ago. I even refinished the stock on mine with Tru-oil & it was blond like this one.
I'd love to see the other side of that gun. And even more so, a pic of the crest.

I've regretted getting rid of few guns, that Mauser an exception.

Colonel Daddy

Buckeye
Gunman, at one time I had several Mausers including the Argentine, 98-K98 and Spanish 1916 which was a slightly modified 1893. A local dealer had a taller front sight to fit the Mausers for those who preferred to shoot factory ammo or their own handlolds that corrected the high POI. Alas, most of my Mausers are now gone and the dealer seldom has the old rifles. I haven't checked, but Nurmich may have these higher front sights.

gunman42782

Hunter
gunzo said:
My first rifle was a semi-sporterized Mauser in 30-06. It had a turned down bolt handle & the crest on the front ring was some type of Spanish. I've looked up all the crest & nothing rang a bell, but I had the gun a long time ago. I even refinished the stock on mine with Tru-oil & it was blond like this one.
I'd love to see the other side of that gun. And even more so, a pic of the crest.

I've regretted getting rid of few guns, that Mauser an exception.
This is not my gun, but I found a pic on the internet. I'm not great a pictures. This is the crest on my gun.
2HoH9Dv.jpg

gunman42782

Hunter
Colonel Daddy said:
Gunman, at one time I had several Mausers including the Argentine, 98-K98 and Spanish 1916 which was a slightly modified 1893. A local dealer had a taller front sight to fit the Mausers for those who preferred to shoot factory ammo or their own handlolds that corrected the high POI. Alas, most of my Mausers are now gone and the dealer seldom has the old rifles. I haven't checked, but Nurmich may have these higher front sights.
Thanks CD, I will check into that!