1957...I got an Early Start

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tinman

Buckeye
So, the blond to your left (with the revolver in her left hand) is she the sidekick?

tinman said:
So, the blond to your left (with the revolver in her left hand) is she the sidekick?

She sure was back then.

Heliman said:
Wayne! You look like.....you! Age of innocence..... Nice group photo! So, whatcha packin' on your hip?

Dave

I remember a lot of my toys from when I was quite young, but I do not remember this revolver. Almost looks like a DA grip.

Poco Oso

Buckeye
Great pictures from both you guys. I have to agree with WAYNO on his "throw away their cellphone" advice. Kids today are missing so many of life's little adventures. Jim, your sidekick reminds me of my first love. A wonderful little Italian girl. Thanks to you both, for a step back in time.

WAYNO said:
Those are some great photos.

I wish the kids today could throw their cell phones away and experience what we did.

You got that right. When we got out of the Lemonade Stand business I kept the orange crates the wood made GREAT carved swords and daggers. The wood was easy to carve since it was soft and not to thick. We fought many of battles and we didn't put our eye out. :D We built a lot of stuff from those old crates.
This is what I bought with the proceeds from the stand. I guess it was my first purchase with my own money. I think the Red Ryder was $4.95 and the pump was $7.95 at that time 1949.

Notice the clothes that I had to grow into. Not sure I ever had clothes that fit. Just the way it was being a poor family :wink: