LW Commander 9mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

VictorLouis

Single-Sixer
I am absolutely pleased with this pistol so far, in two outings. Found that a Kimber, and Ed Brown 9rd mag was essentially the same as a Ruger's OEM. The Metalform 10rd cosistently fed from full, but obviously protrudes by about the width of one round. Best left for 'reload' duty, LOL.

My gripes are common to virtually EVERY OEM's 'stainless' 1911 pattern. The dad-gummed blued-steel parts that you perspire over. Slide-stop, thumb and grip safety, and MSH. I've replaced the MSH and thumb paddle with some gunshow finds. Hopefully, Wilson or Brownell's for the other parts.

Has anyone else had success, or problems, with their's?

hittman

Staff member
Mine is absolutely boring.

Load, shoot, clean.

Never had even one hiccup of any kind. New ammo, old ammo, light reloads, hi power hollow points …… functions 100% with them all.

VictorLouis

Single-Sixer
hittman, that's good to read. I've acquired a couple of non Ruger mags, thought most look as though they are from the same OEM, LOL. I'm going to be watching them closely. 8)

hittman

Staff member
I have a couple of non-Ruger mags too; Mec-Gar brand. They work fine for me … just like the ones stamped with the Ruger logo.

Mike J

Hunter
VictorLouis said:
I am absolutely pleased with this pistol so far, in two outings. Found that a Kimber, and Ed Brown 9rd mag was essentially the same as a Ruger's OEM. The Metalform 10rd cosistently fed from full, but obviously protrudes by about the width of one round. Best left for 'reload' duty, LOL.

My gripes are common to virtually EVERY OEM's 'stainless' 1911 pattern. The dad-gummed blued-steel parts that you perspire over. Slide-stop, thumb and grip safety, and MSH. I've replaced the MSH and thumb paddle with some gunshow finds. Hopefully, Wilson or Brownell's for the other parts.

Has anyone else had success, or problems, with their's?

In all honesty I don't carry my full sized SR 1911 much. I have in the past put a thin coat of Johnson's Paste Wax on blued guns I carried. It helped keep perspiration off the blued finish.