NIghthawk Drop In Trigger System

Help Support Ruger Forum:

loaded round

Hunter
Has anyone installed the new Nighthawk Custom Drop In Trigger System (DTS) in any Ruger SR1911? I want to buy one, but the 295.00 price sort of scares me off w/o checking with someone who has one.

gunzo

Buckeye
Ouch! Nighthawk is good stuff but, ouch!

Cylinder & Slide has a page full of hammer sets, they call them. Pick your weight of pull & hammer style & none are more than about $180.

It's been awhile but I used to get very good results with Ed Brown hammer groups, now $109

rockymtnhi

Bearcat
Why do you want to change it? I have an early SR1911 and I swear it has the best trigger pull of any 1911 I have ever owned ! It makes me look like a better shot than I am! I've had several Colts, Springfield's, Norinco's, Thompson's, Para's even a LAR Grizzly and like I said out of the box the SR1911 is by far the best!

Enigma

Hunter
loaded round said:
Has anyone installed the new Nighthawk Custom Drop In Trigger System (DTS) in any Ruger SR1911? I want to buy one, but the 295.00 price sort of scares me off w/o checking with someone who has one.

I've seen it online, and read a review of it. IIRC, the example that the writer obtained exhibited a bit of takeup in the trigger pull. For the price, I think one could buy an excellent quality aftermarket hammer and sear and pay for a professional trigger job - and not have to deal with takeup in the final product.

Enigma

Hunter
After a bit of time, I have revised my opinion somewhat. If Nighthawk can get this concept to catch on, AND they can tweak their design to perhaps be adjustable, it might be the wave of the future. Forty to fifty years ago, nobody wanted to buy a cookie-cutter "semi-custom" 1911 like Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk and the other well known shops now offer almost exclusively. Everyone wanted a one-of-a-kind 1911, with only the features that they specified. Now, gunsmiths that only offer one-of-a-kind 1911s have trouble staying in business. It's largely the same with custom rifles; the smiths only offer package guns, and might allow you to specify a very few options (other than caliber). If this drop-in trigger package really takes off, that might end up as all that you can readily buy.

loaded round

Hunter
Enigma: You have some very interesting comments about Night Hawk's drop in trigger system, and I intent to agree with you.

w
Enigma said:
After a bit of time, I have revised my opinion somewhat. If Nighthawk can get this concept to catch on, AND they can tweak their design to perhaps be adjustable, it might be the wave of the future. Forty to fifty years ago, nobody wanted to buy a cookie-cutter "semi-custom" 1911 like Les Baer, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, Nighthawk and the other well known shops now offer almost exclusively. Everyone wanted a one-of-a-kind 1911, with only the features that they specified. Now, gunsmiths that only offer one-of-a-kind 1911s have trouble staying in business. It's largely the same with custom rifles; the smiths only offer package guns, and might allow you to specify a very few options (other than caliber). If this drop-in trigger package really takes off, that might end up as all that you can readily buy.

Latest posts