SIG Brass

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
As I had some time on my hands, I found that although the local Bass Pro shops didn't have my favorite brass, Starline, they did have 5 bags of 10mm SIG brass. Although there wasn't a whole lot of time between when I called and when I arrived at the store they were down to 2 bags of 100 which I bought.

Handgun ammo was nearly wiped off of the shelves. I don't believe this is due to those of us who shoot regularly but by panic buying. I do NOT think the corona virus is anything like the end of the world as we know it. Get a grip panic buyers. Young guy at the register said that the majority of his sales this shift were for ammo.

The pleasant surprise came when I loaded up another 100 rds using the same die settings and same slug and the finished rounds were considerably more consistent (in a good way) than with the Starline. Don

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
recumbent said:
I don't understand the panic buying either.
Ammo & toilet paper what a combination.

You're so spazzed out that if you don't get toilet paper, you shoot yourself? I am KIDDING here but locally Walmart and HEB (a very large TX grocery chain) baren shelves all over, no milk, bread, pasta, p butter, rice.

We've got maybe 80 days worth of freeze dried, long term survival food but other "normal" food, so just a PITA when you go to get something for a meal you want to make. Don

loaded round

Hunter
I've used Sig brass in both 357 Sig and 10 MM and find their brass to be of the highest quality and very reloadable. I would never hesitate to buy Sig brass again when needed.

I do NOT think the corona virus is anything like the end of the world as we know it.

Well, we are over 4 million cases worldwide now. At least 279,484 dead. 78,548 dead just in the US.

Definitely not "the end of the world" but we have a long way to go. If we are actually at the "flattening of the curve" .... which we aren't... then that means an equal size downslope of the curve... so another 80,000 dead in the next few months. Of course that's if we continue to stay at home... and nobody wants to do that. So that means the curve goes back up... the final death toll will be WAY over twice our current death rate... which is already way too high!

Pat-inCO

Hawkeye
tulsamal said:
Definitely not "the end of the world" but we have a long way to go. If we are actually
at the "flattening of the curve" .... which we aren't... then that means an equal size
downslope of the curve... so another 80,000 dead in the next few months. Of course
that's if we continue to stay at home... and nobody wants to do that. So that means
the curve goes back up... the final death toll will be WAY over twice our current
death rate... which is already way too high!
First:
How many die each year under "non-pandemic" flu conditions?

Second:
Want to borrow one of these?

TinfoilHat.gif

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Exactly, it's my understanding that this year all other causes of death are down approximately the same amount covid is up. I don't think anyone has died of the flu since the symptoms meet the requirements for classifying it a covid death, for which they receive gov't compensation.