Ruger SR1911 10mm

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
Well, have had a case of gun lust. Had good reason to suspect S&W was going to release a M&P in10mm. Didn't happen and have no idea when or even if one will materialize.

Have always liked Ruger products, currently have 6 from .22LR to .458 Win Mag.

Bought the 1911 10mm from Tombstone Tactical in Phoenix, $791 and free shipping. Midway beat that price by a whole $1 but were out of stock. Should receive it Wed.

So, ordered some RCBS dies, 300 pieces of Starline brass, a couple boxes of breakin ammo, Magtech and two boxes of Underwood 155gr XTPs.

Fills one of two gaps in my handgun collection. Don't have a small one but having had two LCPs totally fail on me, I'm not interested in a third. One blew it's extractor off the slide, the others slide locked up tight. Don

Donnieweps

Single-Sixer
Get Wood said:
Donnieweps: The 10mm LIKES Blue Dot Powder. And Power Pistol Is Not Bad. Just My .02.

I don't have any load data for Blue Dot, can you point me to some? So far, AA9 and Hodgdon CFE Pistol look very good with 155gr XTPs. Don

Get Wood

Single-Sixer
Donnieweps: I Run 10 Grs. Blue Dot Under a 180Gr. Extreme . Or Berry's With Great Results . From The Powder Web Sight. If Memory Serves That's Right At 1,000. FPS.

dakota1911

Buckeye
EGW makes or at least used to make an undersize reloading die in 10mm/40S&W. May help you or not. I use it at times.

Donnieweps said:
Well, have had a case of gun lust. Had good reason to suspect S&W was going to release a M&P in10mm. Didn't happen and have no idea when or even if one will materialize.

Bought the 1911 10mm from Tombstone Tactical in Phoenix, $791 and free shipping. Midway beat that price by a whole $1 but were out of stock. Should receive it Wed.

So, ordered some RCBS dies, 300 pieces of Starline brass, a couple boxes of breakin ammo, Magtech and two boxes of Underwood 155gr XTPs.

Fills one of two gaps in my handgun collection. Don't have a small one but having had two LCPs totally fail on me, I'm not interested in a third. One blew it's extractor off the slide, the others slide locked up tight. Don
Sounds like the LCP's didn't like your handloads? I have a first gen, as does my son. They haven't been shot to death, but a box or two of commercial ammo a year. They both carry great and shoot well.
gramps

AkRay

Single-Sixer
gramps said:
Donnieweps said:

Sounds like the LCP's didn't like your handloads? I have a first gen, as does my son. They haven't been shot to death, but a box or two of commercial ammo a year. They both carry great and shoot well.
gramps

Good points, Gramps. I've stuck to factory loads in the 3 or 4 LCPs I've owned/used and have had no complaints. They're fantastic little pistols for what they are.

loaded round

Hunter
I own two 10 mm semi autos (Colt Delta Elite & Sig P220 Legion), plus a S&W Model 610 revolver. Alliant Blue Dot powder has been my go to powder since I started loading the 10 MM auto cartridge some 10 years ago using Laser Cast 200 gr LSWC bullets exclusively.

Latest posts