SOLD Custom Ruger No 1 300WM

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraham1

Buckeye
SOLD

Up for sale is a custom built 1988 Ruger No. 1B rifle in 300WM. I picked this up in Alaska over 10 years ago and used it hunting for one season. It was very accurate using Federal factory loads, but I never reloaded for it. It shot well enough that in 2018, I sent it to New England Custom Guns (NECG) to have it modified into an English Stalking Rifle. Besides the rifle, I supplied a NECG Barrel Band Swivel, NECG Masterpiece Front Sight Ramp, NECG Masterpiece Front Sight Insert, NECG Masterpiece Windowed Front Sight Hood, NECG Rear Swivel, NECG Ruger Forend Escutcheon, Legendary Arms Works Ruger Safety, Lyman Folding Rear Sight, One Ruger Standard Medium Height Ring, One Ruger Extended Medium Height Ring, Black Pachmayr Decelerator Pad (1"), and a custom Treebone Carving Stock using an outstanding piece of wood (Valued at $1500). Wood, parts and rifle cost over $2500. The labor costs were also over $2500. All parts were fitted and the crown was cut at 11 degrees, all metal polished and rust blued, the stock fitted, finished and checkered and Ruger factory trigger adjusted and tuned to 2.5 pounds. Barrel is a 26-inch Ruger factory barrel with a 13.5 inch LOP. Weight is about what it is from the factory. I do not recall the exact MOA of the factory loads, but I was very impressed with it. Included is the original work order. I have not fired the rifle since receiving it back in 2019.

Selling it for $3600 shipped to your FFL, and they must accept from a private person. I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal please. Email or PM me with any questions or for any specific pictures. Thanks for looking.

Jerry

jgraham1

Buckeye
To answer a few questions:

NECG did put in a screw under the forearm escutcheon to adjust the hanger tension. I forgot to put that in the ad.
I am selling it because I never use it as I have over a dozen other single shot rifles.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.