SPF Manton (English) SxS 10ga percussion shotgun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SOLD PENDING FUNDS

A customer brought this to me as she wants to sell it. I honestly looked for info but just couldn't come up with much.

It is a Manton 10ga percussion 39" barrel, the front ramrod holder has broken loose but is with the shotgun, barrels appear to be Damascus, could not see any proof marks but haven't taken the barrels off the stock:

Here is one comment from a muzzleloaders forum: The Manton which is a late one (probably 1850's) most likely by Manton & Co. With its double wedge and 39 inch barrels is more than likely to be a double 8 bore or 6 bore. Images of the proof marks would help . If it is a 10 bore then it is unusual to have a barrel length of 39 inch and a double wedge unless specially built for some one.

The exact measurement of both bores, at the muzzle, is 20.1 mm and if I did my conversion correctly, converts to 10 ga.

It has been inspected and determined that it should be shootable with loads from that era. Don't know if I would but to each his own. I think it would look great refinished and hung up.

Asking price is $250 shipped/insured.

sweQPl3h.jpg

OqcYeeoh.jpg

Mdv8SUHh.jpg

EInrcB6h.jpg

g9lGAHoh.jpg