Classic Vintage Ithaca 4E Single Barrel Trap Gun 34"

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SAFARIKID

Single-Sixer
Cajun Land Louisiana (New Orleans Swamp Area)
A fine Survivor ! A Classic Vintage 1916 ITHACA SINGLE BARREL TRAP 4E 12GA 34" VR SINGLE SHOT SHOTGUN - Engraved Receiver Most of the older, major-trademark American shotgun manufacturers, including Parker Brothers, A.H. Fox, Ithaca and L.C. Smith, offered a lineup of single-shot trap models in addition to their more popular side-by-sides. Trap shooting was far and away the most popular competitive shotgun sport during the last few decades of the 19th century and first half of the 20th century. This model features a Vent Rib, boxlock, auto ejector, and engraved receiver. Single barrel traps mfg before 1921 with serial numbers (like ours) under 400k generally have better engravings than ones made after with serial numbers over 400k (known as Knick models).

FeaturesYEAR: 1916 (using serial# 2696xx-T)MODEL: Single Barrel Trap 4ECALIBER: 12gaACTION: BoxLockBARREL: 34" w/VR Full chokeLOP: 14-3/8"STOCK: Deluxe WoodCONDITION: Cosmetically, the SHOTGUN is in GOOD overall condition. Bore looks good no rust or pitting. Wood shows signs of use such as minor dings, nicks, and scratches. Nothing major just worth noting. Bluing looks good. Few spots of patina on top of barrel. Again, nothing major just worth noting. Action is tight as these shotguns are very well made. I have taken pictures to show any additional info on condition. Please remember that this firearm is PRE-OWNED! "A picture is worth a thousand words" Note: I am not the original owner and do not know any of the firearms history prior to my ownership. Serial number match on tange, barrel, and bottom of forearm!
$2450 shpd from Ms.