SPF English Walnut Stock for 98 Mauser

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgraham1

Buckeye
SPF

Years ago, I picked up a beautiful blank of English Walnut from a gunshow in Southern California. I also bought a piece of ebony to use for the forend tip and grip cap. My intent was to build an English Sporting Rifle using a commercial Mauser 98 action. I had John Wills of Anchorage Alaska, now deceased, rough out the stock with a shadowline cheekpiece, but after he passed, I never finished the project. It has been sitting around for over 10 years and I do not intend to use it. The action is rough inletted at about 95%, the barrel channel rough inletted at about 80% and still lots of wood on the outside to make a heavy Dangerous Game Rifle or remove the wood and make a lightweight sporting stock. Lots of light and dark streaks through the wood, as you can see by the pictures, with nice flowing grain. The grain runs correctly through the wrist for strength. I have over $1000 invested, and that was over 10 years ago, but my loss is your gain. This will make a fantastic rifle stock and the buyer will be pleased.

Selling this shipped for $600 and I accept cash, MO and personal checks. No trades or PayPal. Contact me with any questions.

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.