PILE O' BEARCATS - Old/New, Blue/SS, >>> MORE ADDED 4/25 <<<

Help Support Ruger Forum:

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Here are a few Bearcats for sale. Alpha cats D, G, Q. Rare 99xxxx boxed Bearcat. Prefixed Bearcat with shipper. Super Bearcat shipped in a regular Bearcat box. Super Bearcat in Super Bearcat box. A couple blue New Bearcats. And a stainless New Bearcat. I'll add a few more when I find them. I only took two pictures of each gun, and I know I didn't do a very good job showing the boxes and manuals, close-ups, etc., so if you need more pics, please ask.

1. (1958 - first year) Alpha Bearcat with "D" letter prefix.
Sold/Gone $650 shipped FFL to FFL

2. (1959) Alpha Bearcat with "Q" letter prefix. Has box, small manual, 5 cent warranty card, and an article on Bearcats. Sorry I didn't show the outside of box.

SPF $745 shipped FFL to FFL

qI1PzAP.jpg

uF8fO2z.jpg

3. (1959) Alpha Bearcat with "G" letter prefix.
Sold/Gone $695 shipped FFL to FFL

4. (1968) Rare 99xxxx Bearcat.
Sold/Gone $675 shipped FFL to FFL

5. (1970) Prefixed Bearcat with shipper.
Sold/Gone $625 shipped FFL to FFL

6. (1971) Gold Guard Super Bearcat, BC4 box.
Sold/Gone $595 shipped FFL to FFL

7. (1971) Gold Guard Super Bearcat, SBC4 box.
Sold/Gone $575 shipped FFL to FFL

8. (1997) Blue New Bearcat. In case with old style lock and manual.

$495 shipped FFL to FFL

NyrHxOH.jpg

YTDlByP.jpg

9. (1998) Blue New Bearcat.
Sold/Gone $475 shipped FFL to FFL

10. (2004) Stainless New Bearcat.
Sold/Gone $550 shipped FFL to FFL

---------------------------------------------- Added guns below on 4/8/21 -------------------------------------------

The below pics are brighter than the ones above because it was daytime with sunlight filtering through the blinds, and my camera is set up for artificial light at night.

11. (1961) Four Digit Bearcat.
Sold/Gone $720 shipped FFL to FFL

12. (2015) Stainless New Bearcat.
Sold/Gone $550 shipped FFL to FFL

---------------------------------------------- Added guns below on 4/25/21 -------------------------------------------

I found a couple more tucked away in safe corners.

13. (1961) Four Digit Bearcat.
Sold/Gone $675 shipped as shown or $600 for gun w/o box & manual, FFL to FFL

14. (1963) Five Digit Bearcat.
Sold/Gone $400 shipped FFL to FFL

With #13 & #14 added, I think that is all the excess Bearcats that I have/had, no more coming soon.

9xwsBPA.jpg

spook1

Bearcat
Do you have any bearcats with the rear adjustable sight. Looking for one for my son.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
I corrected the description of gun #1, the "D" gun, which I had misstated as being from 1959. It is really a first year 1958 gun. The alpha cats used A-E and partway through F in 1958. It is unlikely that Ruger actually made 999 guns for each letter and that the alphabetical character was an effort to confuse the competition as to production/popularity of the Bearcat. Sometime along the way in those early years, Ruger also lowered the list price of Bearcats from $49 to $39 in further efforts to fan the market flames.