Alaskan Dall, Bighorn & Stone sheep grip blanks

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LSCG

Buckeye
just got back some super nice sheep horn blanks that were professionally stabilized and am now taking orders for them fit to your grip frame.

in the pictures below you are actually seeing the back side of what will become the grip panels. the reason i'm not showing the top side of the panels is because the natural "bark" of the horn completely hides the grain till I start shaping the grips. below I will show some Dall and Bighorn grips I finished last year so you can see what the final grip can look like.

#1 these are Alaskan Dall. they will work for Bisley, XR3-RED, XR3, Birdshead, SBH, Bearcat shopkeeper.

price for a set fit to your grip frame $600. Sold!

saPWdyxl.jpg

#3 these are Alaskan Dall. they will work for Bisley, XR3-RED, XR3,Birdshead, Bearcat shopkeeper. may finish out with the bark showing in one panel.

74EW8D2l.jpg

#4 these are Alaskan Dall. they will work for the XR3, Birdshead, bearcat shopkeeper.

still available but i'm currently fitting these to a New model XR3 grip frame and they will be sold as finished grips.

SfNNwNwl.jpg

#5 these are Alaskan Dall. they will work for Bisley, XR3-RED, XR3, Birdshead, SBH, Bearcat shopkeeper. they will finish out with the bark showing in one panel.

price for a set fit to your grip frame $500. SOLD.

GBOGYWrl.jpg

#6 these are Stone sheep. they will work for the Bearcat shopkeeper. and they may possibly work for the Ruger Birdshead grip frame but I can not promise that they will. it would be a very, very tight squeeze but I think I could do it.

price is $450 if they work for a Birdshead. $350 if they go for a Bearcat Shopkeeper.

Zfizbbil.jpg

#7 these are Alaskan Dall. they will work for Bisley, XR3-RED, XR3, Birdshead, Bearcat shopkeeper. may finish out with a little bark in one panel.

UsBpS39l.jpg

#11 these are Alaskan Dall. they will work for Bisley, XR3-RED, XR3, Birdshead, SBH, Bearcat shopkeeper. may finish out with a small amount bark showing in one panel.

EKbkMXAl.jpg

#12 these are Alaskan Dall. they will work for Bisley, XR3-RED, XR3, Birdshead, SBH, Bearcat shopkeeper.

price for a set fit to your grip frame $600.Sold!!

F4LVlKrl.jpg

#15 these are Bighorn. will work for the bearcat shopkeeper. should also work for N frame service style grips.

price for the finished set $375.

YCTil5Ch.jpg

#18 these are Bighorn sheep. they will work for Bisley, XR3-RED, XR3, SBH, Birdshead, Bearcat shopkeeper.

price for them fit to your grip frame $675.sold!

m5s6n62h.jpg

LSCG

Buckeye
to give you an idea of what the finished grip can look like here are pictures of some sets I did for customers last year.

these are Bighorn I did for a customer.

KuzWuU8h.jpg

NUDimlih.jpg

tz51353h.jpg

these are also Bighorn.

OPqW1c8h.jpg

pKS5wkIh.jpg

6J7pzWuh.jpg

these are Alaskan Dall.

Z5Jz2Fhh.jpg

LUxoB7Yh.jpg

ooavIaRh.jpg

these are also Alaskan Dall.

g8DcfjWh.jpg

6EetPhvh.jpg

dGO4abYh.jpg

Gene

Single-Sixer
Stunning and beautiful work LSCG!

Sheep horn is just a tick behind sambar stag as my favorite grip material and you do it right!!

Do you ever do knife scales?

LSCG

Buckeye
Gene said:
Stunning and beautiful work LSCG!

Sheep horn is just a tick behind sambar stag as my favorite grip material and you do it right!!

Do you ever do knife scales?

Thank you for the kind words Gene!

I've done knife scales in the past but only if that's all the horn would work for sizewise.

LSCG

Buckeye
thought y'all might like to see the progression of a set of sheephorn grips. these were the number 18 blanks.

sorry the picture quality isn't better but the work shots were taken with a phone.

XOLJ7Sml.jpg

cKXupxDl.jpg

1mABjfKl.jpg

D4JQETfl.jpg

EDeZ5QWl.jpg

4IJt9q6l.jpg

DZJDov0l.jpg

vreiUssl.jpg

OlLT4bzl.jpg

hL0KudRl.jpg

wIV6Oxml.jpg

pb8wSyNl.jpg

LkAsaXtl.jpg

NC3MVV3l.jpg

caU9Eobl.jpg

jg4MDZkl.jpg

ofeob9Ll.jpg

hKZZX8ll.jpg

lQ8O2Bjl.jpg

OhjjBapl.jpg

and here we have the finished grips.

mstqsolh.jpg

nNEAz1yh.jpg

frerMcIh.jpg

LSCG

Buckeye
JakeLeg said:
So are number 5 still available I'd like a set for my bisley,thanks

I'm afraid number 5 is gone. Number 12 would work for a bisley. I do have somebody else asking about them but nothing is set. I can find out for sure and let you know.