PC Carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hittman

Staff member
Shot mine for the first time today.

Got is used from a nice gentleman here on this forum. Already had the Glock mag well installed so, it and the G17 made a range trip today.

The reviews I've seen on line are correct ….. these are dandy little carbines.

I saw advertised what I consider the 1st choice ammo option for serious use in the 9mm PCC's (I think it's under the Winchester label). +P 147 grain premium hollow point. From a 16" barrel, this stuff must be really whistling. I found that the PC9 is easily capable of 100 yards w/o excessive drop and holds a decent velocity at that range. I also found that although the 147 starts slower, it loses very little velocity even at 100 yards.
It's not a 200 yard coyote gun but it's certainly a capable general purpose shooter for close range. Considerably quieter than a 9mm handgun or .223 carbine (especially with one of the 'blast forwarder' devices from WITT or KAK if you have a threaded muzzle) but even the factory loaded 'subsonic' will be supersonic from the longer barrel.

hittman,
What took you so long...lol. I planned on getting a 2nd one, but I snoozed and missed out on it. Mine has been accurate and flawless with everything. Seems to prefer the 147's. I was sure you would enjoy it.

hittman

Staff member
Rumrunner said:
hittman,
What took you so long...lol.

Just lazy I guess!
I'm not willing to pay pandemic prices and hadn't seen a used one until this one was listed here.

Same day I paid for this I got a smokin' and unexpected deal ($450.00) on a 1 year old used G17 with night sites!

I figured it was "meant to be" that I'd own both and use same mags in each too. A win-win for me!

9x19

Hunter
Congrats!

I really wasn't all that excited by them when they were introduced, but today, I look around and I have three!
Two are setup for Glock mags, and the other for Ruger... I paired that one with a Security 9 Pro.

They are a really nice addition to any shooter's battery, IMO.

TacoFrank

Bearcat
Got one on the way. Can't wait to get it. Hopefully early next week. Buddy has one and after shooting a couple of mags through his I was hooked.
TacoFrank

TacoFrank

Bearcat
Picked mine up this morning from my FFL. Disassembled, cleaned, re-lubed, and switched the mag release to the right side. I am a lefty and it feels right. We will see. All my reloads are lead, with the exception of about a hundred loaded with Berry's copper platted.
Pretty cold here in my part of Kansas. Probably won't shoot it until it warms up a bit.
I would like to hear from any of you who shoot lead and how lead shoots in these carbines.
Thanks,
TacoFrank

GunnyGene

Hawkeye
I have a PCC. Except in .41mag, and has this thing that goes up and down just behind the trigger. Makes a lot of noise when I shoot it. Made by a company named after an old white guy called Henry. :wink:

BearBiologist

Buckeye
Just bought mine yesterday. Have to go do the paperwork but have to go 50 miles to get it. Then the state of Washington, in their infinite wisdom, had mandated a 10 working day wait. Wife (it's for her) has a G17, so I ordered several mags, extra 9mm ammo, etc.

Praying for clear weather!

hittman

Staff member
Good for you BearBio.
Mine is paired with a G17 too.

I lucked into one of those takedown cases that came with the Ruger 10/22s. Makes a great "bug-out" combo all in one tidy carry case.

I bought my PC Carbine used and it came with 1 Glock mag ….. the G17 came with 3 mags and the 3 mags from my G19x fit too.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
hittman said:
Good for you BearBio.
Mine is paired with a G17 too.

I lucked into one of those takedown cases that came with the Ruger 10/22s. Makes a great "bug-out" combo all in one tidy carry case.

I bought my PC Carbine used and it came with 1 Glock mag ….. the G17 came with 3 mags and the 3 mags from my G19x fit too.

She has two that came with her pistol, 2 more that I ordered and a 32 rnd that I also ordered. Sling and a case coming.

Mine is an AR556 with 9 mags, case, etc.

Today, at the local gun show a gentleman I have never seen before was setting up his sale table next to me. Most of what he had was of little interest to me. However, he had an original PC9 carbine for sale for $300. I bought it. Good deal, I think...... 8)

BearBiologist

Buckeye
Got my PC9 today. So far: sling & swivels (not happy=will change out), changed mag well, put on a red/green dot, and a compensator (needs a little work).

Latest posts