Options for installing open sights on a Ruger American Ranch

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My Toy

Bearcat
Has anyone on the forum tried to install open sights on a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 308? I currently have a red dot on mine now but would like to have a back up sight option.

blammer

Single-Sixer
Is there a Ranch Rifle in 308? I see Ruger American Rifle (not Ranch) in 308 on ruger.com.

Only suggestion I'd have would be to get a red dot sight with etched markings so if light goes down you have something to use. (search web for 'red dot optic with etched reticle')

I'd be interested to see answers on the Ruger American 308.

Take a look at the options offered below and select what works for your rifle. I do not own any of these products but hear good things about them.

https://www.nodakspud.com/Ranch%20Sights.htm

My Toy

Bearcat
blammer said:
Is there a Ranch Rifle in 308? I see Ruger American Rifle (not Ranch) in 308 on ruger.com.

Only suggestion I'd have would be to get a red dot sight with etched markings so if light goes down you have something to use. (search web for 'red dot optic with etched reticle')

I'd be interested to see answers on the Ruger American 308.

I stand corrected -- it is a Ruger American Rifle (308) not Ranch. :oops:

FergusonTO35

Hunter
The Nodak Spud rear sight will fit no problem since they all use the same receiver. The front sight could very well fit the standard American, measure your barrel and ask NS about it. I have their sights on my RAR 5.56 and love it.