Armscor AR platform shotgun

Help Support Ruger Forum:

https://www.armscor.com/firearms/ria-imports/shotgun-series/shotguns-mag-fed-series/vr80/
Looks interesting to me! I would have to sell off some other guns to be able to buy it though!
gramps

I haven't looked at those AR(ish) shotguns but would suggest close scrutiny of the magazine and feed mechanics, allowances for different power level ammo, and actual operating system(gas, inertia, blowback) plus any small parts of that system that may be susceptible to wear/frequent replacement.

That plus if you want to carry more than 5 rounds in the guns they get too damn heavy to hold or swing much over a few seconds. I will take a fast handling 5 round pump gun any day. If you need more shots and carry more ammo, you drop in a shell when the action is open if it's a side eject gun. Your back in the fight in mere seconds. If there is a position for cover load the mag back up with another 4.

wwb

Hunter
To each his own..... to me, it looks like the answer to a question that was never asked

I came across a guy at my firehall that claims to have one with a 100 round drum mag! I asked him how much it weighed! The largest one I could find on line was 30 rounds. People go crazy! Plus I have an acquaintance that is up to date on this kind of thing. He said they are still working on a 50 round drum. The weight is too much for the AR's mag latch.
gramps

Latest posts