44 carbine price

Help Support Ruger Forum:

mlazarus5388

Single-Sixer
Sorry for the seemingly redundant question, but values have changed dramatically in recent past. I'm looking for a ballpark figure for a ruger 44 carbine. I would rate it as being very good condition with some handling marks on the wood and blueing loss around the muzzle. I have not yet test fired it but I have that opportunity to try it before I buy it.
So, any guidelines for fair price and what to look for in testing it?

hittman

Staff member
$900 to $1500 according to completed auctions on Gun Broker.

hittman

Staff member
mlazarus5388 said:
Thanks. I checked gunbroker but I'm not sure how to check complete auctions.

Log on.
Select Advanced.
Select Completed Auctions.

Enter what you're searching for.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
First of all, know exactly what you are buying. The broad range of prices can be misleading in that there are several variations of Bill Ruger's masterpiece. If it is the carbine variation, does it have the receiver mounted peep sight or barrel mounted sight? Check for cracks in the stock. The stock tends to crack on the underside of the forearm in front of the loading port. Sometimes the cracks are really bad ones. The trigger guard also tends to break. If you get into the sporter style stock or International style stocks that changes everything. If the two stock styles are checkered, things change again. So caveat emptor applies. There is something so magical about the carbine in that you are just drawn to it. One of Bill Ruger's best!

mlazarus5388

Single-Sixer
Thanks all for the input. I got a chance to test fire the rifle. Accuracy was mediocre and I had a few failures to eject empty cases on the last round. The accuracy issue might be the vintage iron sights coupled with poor indoor lighting. The rifle probably hasn't been cleaned or lubricated in 1 or 2 decades. I ordered a one piece scope mount so maybe having an optic will be helpful. It should be fun for wild pigs.

SteelBlue

Single-Sixer
I have two .44 carbines and three Deerfield .44 carbines. The former are quite ammo sensitive. I think they were set up using Remington 240 gr. rounds. I love them all!

Latest posts