Ruger 77 Mark II (6PPC)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

tred1956

Bearcat
Just bought this rifle and am very impressed. I am a die hard Contender Pistol shooter and have been since the 70's. Shoot mostly Custom Wildcats from 17 AH to 375 JDJ and almost every thing in between. Didn't think I would ever buy another rifle. A friend of mine told me about this one and suggested I buy it. Well I did and am VERY Pleased.
Have owned several Ruger revolvers over the years but this is my first centerfire rifle. Original Box says:
Catalog No KM77VT MK II
Calibre 6 MM PPC

It is target gray with 26 inch tapered barrel and has brown laminate stock and factory two stage trigger. It was originally purchased 1-27-95 for the sum of $558.56 tax included.

OK Ruger guys, tell me about it. How long was it made? Variations? Any and ALL info will be appreciated. What calibers was it offered in? I know it was also offered in 22 PPC and would love to find one. If you own or have owned one what was your experience with it. Likes Dislikes. Where can I read about it? Anyone have a link to an article about it.
Thanks in advance for all input
Doug

I have the same rifle in .223 . I use it only for ground squirrels and rock chucks. With a scope as large as a TV screen, it is exceedingly accurate.

Let's see, although I've seen them only in the chamberings you'd expect, .308, .223, .25-06, they were available also in .22PPC and 6mmPPC (as you know), .243, .22-250, .204, and .220 Swift. It would not be surprising if there were additional chamberings. We don't always know until one surfaces.

These were made from 1989 to whenever they quit making them...'06 or '09. By then, or even after, I don't necessarily know if they were still being made, or if if it was just old inventory.

These rifles remain very popular as a relatively inexpensive but very accurate proposition.

I'll also say, as accurate as mine is, I seldom shoot it, other than when my shooting bench is close to my pickup, as it's heavy and cumbersome. My sporter weight .223's are also quite accurate, but far easier to pack around. :mrgreen:

SteveRuger said:
I have the 22PPC, and the 220 Swift both very accurate I believe 2007 vintage they were made (Mine). I got a cayote at about 450 yards running full tilt with the 220 swift. Fun rifles! Enjoy.

A .220 Swift at a million miles per hour from a 26" barrel, you'd hardly have to lead that full-tilt coyote, even at 450 yards. :mrgreen:

kodiakken

Bearcat
When they come out I fell in love with them.
I bought the 204, 223, 22 PPC, 22-250, 220 Swift, 245, 6MM PPC, 6.5 Creed and the 308.
Each and everyone shoot great out of the box.

eastbank

Single-Sixer
i have a ruger 77 in 22ppc that looks like your 6mm ppc. i bough it from a friend who is not into firearms after his dad died, i have never fired it and it looks like new inside and outside.

chet15

Hawkeye
They weren't made for very long, maybe a couple years, and there probably aren't more than a couple thousand of each in .22 PPC and 6mm PPC. Might still be around if the inventor(s) of the PPC rounds didn't decide to make the brainiac idea of charging gun companies a surcharge for producing guns using their patented PPC name.
Chet15

Latest posts