Ruger factory AI (308) magazines in a Magpul Hunter Stock?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

My Toy

Bearcat
Has anyone that owns a Ruger American Predator installed a Magpul Hunter Stock on it and used Ruger factory AI mags in the Magpul Hunter Stock? I was thinking about getting a Magpul stock for my Predator. I have quite a number of Ruger AI mags for my Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle and was hoping the Ruger AI mags for the Scout Rifle would also work in the Magpul Hunter Stock. Has anyone tried this combination ?

gunzo

Buckeye
The Magpul stock is designed to take AI(Accuracy International) style mags in 308 bolt face/OAL format.

One exception. Ruger offers a couple of different 3 round mags. One fits the Scout, but won't fit the MP. The other & the 5 & 10 round ones interchange.

BadMatrix

Bearcat
Has anyone that owns a Ruger American Predator installed a Magpul Hunter Stock on it and used Ruger factory AI mags in the Magpul Hunter Stock? I was thinking about getting a Magpul stock for my Predator. I have quite a number of Ruger AI mags for my Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle and was hoping the Ruger AI mags for the Scout Rifle would also work in the Magpul Hunter Stock. Has anyone tried this combination ?
You should call Ruger and verify your serial number for whatever upgreade you want to do. I have a NIB .308 standard I think that I ordered the AICS conversion kit for but have not installed it because I am trying to sell it. I just bought an Magpul American Hunter in .308 and sighted it in today...I love this rifle.