SR 556 on GB

Help Support Ruger Forum:

rugerjunkie

Buckeye
I thought those were in the $1500-$1600 range when they first came out. Going off memory so...yeah. I also know someone with the takedown version and that went for a few hundred more. So considering how crazy things are at the moment , it may not be a terrible price. They aren't making any more either and probably didn't make that many to begin with so factor that in as well.

hittman

Staff member
Hmmm .... I think I saw a used one at a local store today for $950.

I thought at the time how incredibly high that was but now that I see this thread, I was thinking of the AR 556. Heck, maybe I'll have to revisit that store in the morning!

Searching Completed Auctions on GunBroker shows cheapest one to sell recently ended in the $1200.00 range.

And I see they're no longer on the Ruger web site so guess they've been discontinued at some point. Only one I ever owned was the cheaper AR-556.

57springer

Buckeye
rugerjunkie said:
I thought those were in the $1500-$1600 range when they first came out. Going off memory so...yeah. I also know someone with the takedown version and that went for a few hundred more. So considering how crazy things are at the moment , it may not be a terrible price. They aren't making any more either and probably didn't make that many to begin with so factor that in as well.
Yeah you are correct , and they were discontinued a while ago .