Ruger 45acp PC Carbine!!!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

35ruger

Single-Sixer
I used the tell the CEO messaging on the Ruger website a couple months ago asking when to expect a Ruger 45 acp or 10 mm carbine.
His answer was that they have no plans to produce one, and the 45 acp will not work with the current design.

Tom K

Bearcat
I used the tell the CEO messaging on the Ruger website a couple months ago asking when to expect a Ruger 45 acp or 10 mm carbine.
His answer was that they have no plans to produce one, and the 45 acp will not work with the current design.

Well that's a damn shame, and a bit short-sighted on Ruger's part. I have Marlin Camp Carbine in .45ACP, but it's almost become too valuable to shoot. *Almost.*

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I'm thinking it'd take a redesign just as the 10/22 did for the magnum and 17 cal. The recoil energy is different, the pressure curve is different, the bolt needs a change, etc. If it was such an easy thing, I'd think the custom guys would be doing it, Volquartsen for example would've jumped if it was that easy and that strong of a market. That same market is the one that has the Marlin not entering reporudction too. A smart manufacturer doesn't drop what's selling strong.
I see all the "they should make" ideas all over and some...while it may seem easy and a sure thing in the head, realistically it's not so.

Ruger owns Marlin. With today's CNC machines it wouldn't be hard to reproduce the Camp Carbines. It won't happen for one reason. The potential sales aren't there.

Heck look at the first model they turned out. Not a traditional levergun but something quite like a movie prop. Why? Because that's what today's gun buyers (read young) will buy.

eveled

Hawkeye
What about if Ruger brought back the Marlin Camp carbine? Using 1911 magazines I'd buy a couple.