Today's repair options for the early Ruger Red Labels?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Robt. Harris

Bearcat
Hi Fellas,

This has probably been covered before, but with Ruger no longer servicing their earlier Red Label shotguns, has there been any talented gunsmith(s) with access to OEM Ruger factory parts rising to the surface and making a name for themselves doing quality repairs?

With appreciation for any leads..........

Rob Harris

If you don't get a useful answer here (which would surprise me), try asking on www.doublegunshop.com/BBS. Some Ruger O/U and SxS haters there but plenty of helpful guys, too.

Sugar River

Buckeye
Are you saying they will repair later Red Labels but not earlier ones.
Is there a serial number or date of manufacture cutoff separating the two?

Robt. Harris

Bearcat
'Thanks' for providing the link, Mike. It is worth a try even if many there don't think they're worth their bother. The one I have is a second year production 20 ga. with the blued receiver, still fully functional, but nothing lasts forever other than a bad reputation.

Sugar River - I was told at one time that the factory was not repairing the earlier guns, but I've no knowledge if it includes all 'Red Labels' at this point. A call to the factory would likely clear it up, but am primarily looking for qualified 'smiths' with access to Ruger parts, should I need one.

All Best,

Rob

RedLabel

Single-Sixer
Found this on Ruger's website. Shotguns no longer serviced. Red Label Shotguns (serial # beginning with "400-" or "410-"). Woodside shotguns and Gold Label shotguns. Hope this helps.

FergusonTO35

Hunter
If you've got deep pockets, I imagine Connecticut Shotgun Mfg. would do it for you. I have read that they will service just about any double under the sun.

https://connecticutshotgun.co

Latest posts