Off the wall question: 357 Sig caliber rifle (Arrived!)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

9x19 said:
Still working as a chimney sweep?

I like the idea of both gifts! :D

Yep, for 38 years! I'm trying my best to cut back...but really have a problem with saying no. I have not advertised in over 8-10 years and still have new folks calling everyday..... from nothing but word of mouth.... I stopped doing big repair / restoration jobs and am pretty much only doing inspections and sweeping for previous customers and can't hardly keep up...

nappy Thanksgiving all!

UPDATE:

Way back the 2nd week in November I ordered a barrel shield and 9mm conversion kit for the rifle..... They shipped it USPS priority mail exactly 4 weeks later... on Dec. 9th... it got to the Portland Or. facility on the 10th and sat there or somewhere not scanned again until Dec. 24th... then I re-checked the tracking and it was here in Greenville.... to be delivered on the 25th... NOT!, then the tracking said on the 26th and the time fluctuated through out the day... finally came in with the regular mail at 5:30. I sadly have still not shot this rifle... but I did figure out how to put the shroud on the 357 sig barrel.... all there is with the 9mm conversion kit is a barrel and a bolt... you'd think they'd send you at least a magazine too.... Now I realize to be consistant I need a shield for the 9mm barrel too....

Oh, I took the red dot off and put quick flip Iron sights on it... for now....

Also, I still can't get an estimate of when they, TNW, are going to send the 357sig pistol with brace to my FFL.... the problem when that arrives is I will need just a short 9mm barrel for it and then I will be able to convert both...?

Okay, I have a legal question.... I know you can't legally put a short barrel on a gun considered a rifle... but can you legally put a long barrel on a gun considered a handgun? (I think I know the answer but figured I'd ask some other internet lawyers)

I guess I got the 9mm conversion stuff in case I can't get 357 Sig ammo..... one issue I've found is it seems a 357 laser bore sighting cartridge just does not exist.... I did finally find at Laser Ammo a sleeve that goes around their 9mm laser round so that it adapts to 357 sig.... So, I guess I can initially sight these in with that.

"Yes, handguns can have any barrel length you like."

Isn't there something about overall length?? I did some research on that while building the PDW's but now can't remember the answer.

Kanook

Buckeye
Mobuck said:
"Yes, handguns can have any barrel length you like."

Isn't there something about overall length?? I did some research on that while building the PDW's but now can't remember the answer.
Nope (pending the state you live in) https://youtu.be/-BO44VH1kOg

kwh

Bearcat
Something else to consider. Any firearm used in a defensive shooting will be confiscated by the Police for evidence until the case is resolved.

kwh said:
Something else to consider. Any firearm used in a defensive shooting will be confiscated by the Police for evidence until the case is resolved.

When I first got on the gun internet I would read that a person only carries a low cost gun because of that..... the logic in that is totally lost on me.

Since the only reason one would use a gun is to protect themselves or someone else from death or at least the threat of great bodily harm..... these 'carry only a cheap gun' folks don't really think their life is worth much.

As for me, I will carry the best and in reality, the most expensive gun I can afford. What I carry now is I hope not even close to what my life is worth.... the last thing I will be worrying about in a 'use of deadly force encounter' is will I ever get my gun back......

blume357 said:
kwh said:

When I first got on the gun internet I would read that a person only carries a low cost gun because of that..... the logic in that is totally lost on me.

Since the only reason one would use a gun is to protect themselves or someone else from death or at least the threat of great bodily harm..... these 'carry only a cheap gun' folks don't really think their life is worth much.

As for me, I will carry the best and in reality, the most expensive gun I can afford. What I carry now is I hope not even close to what my life is worth.... the last thing I will be worrying about in a 'use of deadly force encounter' is will I ever get my gun back......

I am with you on that one. Carry good, carry quality, it is just a firearm and can be replaced.

Tom-R2

Bearcat
And if you really do the right thing at the right time for the right reason, and you're not in the more Komunist areas of the country, you'll probably get your gun back after the investigation is complete.

BearBiologist

Buckeye
And then if Ruger would get off their lazy butts and make a mag well for the new PC9s that take older P series magazines as well as Sig magazines... still can't figure out why Glocks are so popular.... ugliest damn pistols made. (that last statement would get me banned on the one other forum I'm on)
I have Glocks because: They work (Yes, they are ugly!), and are accurate ((Yes, they are ugly!). I have two 40 cal., two 9mm, two 10mm and two 357 Sig cal. Wife has 3 9mms. Her PC9 is set up for Glock mags.

Latest posts