PC carbine

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dgr416

Single-Sixer
I have the old pc4 ruger 40 cal carbine .Its awesome but the trigger stinks about 10 pounds need to fix that .I heard the new ones have awesome triggers .I want a new model so I can use my sr40 clips in the carbine .They are heavy but it's like shooting a 22 .I use 200 grain loads in mine at 1200 fps they hit really hard . Its like a 10 mm pistol .Mine a good 1.5 inches at 100 yards with my handloads.I want to try it on deer out to 50 yards and hogs .They are super fun carbines!

I just won the bid on a 9mm over on Gunbroker , should be at my dealers some times next week, i have the SRc9 with 2 17 round mags and one 10 round,, didn't really want or need another gun but thought what the heck

taco68

Bearcat
Just picked up the PC 40 a few weeks ago. This thing is fun. Will be getting the PC 9 in the near future as well. I own Glocks in both the 9 and 40, so this was a no brainer. Now, looking into some kind of optics, maybe a Romeo 5.

I really think Ruger is missing the big boat on these rifles .... they should be making inserts for them that will take magazines for other brands other than Ruger and Glock... on top of that .... first thing... one for the now defunct Ruger P series pistols... after that.... Sig P series.... then in the 40 cal vain.... make a barrel that takes 357sig rounds... yes, I know, I'm just wishing....

If I was rich I'd buy a couple PC carbines and work on this myself....

anybody want to invest in my proposed business... might could do the mag thing with a 3d printer?

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I agree that Ruger needs to build a P series Ruger mag well adapter. There are millions of the old guns&magazines out there

rangerbob

Buckeye
blume 357, the 357 Sig carbine is easy. Simply acquire a 9mm and 40 carbine. remove both barrels. Run a 357 Sig chamber reamer in the 9mm barrel and insert it into the 40 receiver and go. Then put the other parts together and shoot low powered 40 loads in it. Of course, it Ruger would sell the bolt inserts, all one would have to do is swap the 9mm insert for a 40 insert and rechamber to 357 Sig. Or, since were are dreaming, how about a 10mm carbine with extra barrels in 40 & 357 Sig. Bob!! :mrgreen:

hittman

Staff member
You know, I never thought much about these guns until I recently got a Glock 19x.

Didn't know I'd enjoy shooting the Glock so much ..... bet it'd be a real hoot to have a rifle using the same mags.

Armybrat

Buckeye
As I posted on the other site, after waiting a month for the gun to be back in stock I ordered one in 9mm from Grabagun early this afternoon.
Already have two SR9 pistols with ten of the 17 round magazines with close to 1,000 rounds of 9mm range & SD ammo, and had no desire to start up with a new to me caliber.

Now to look for a sling, a budget red dot and a carry case.

Just looked again at the Grabagun site... out of stock already. :?

rugerguy211

Single-Sixer
mpalm said:
I agree that Ruger needs to build a P series Ruger mag well adapter. There are millions of the old guns&magazines out there

Yup. I wrote to Ruger when the new PCC first came out and asked why they didn't consider the P series to be "popular" enough to make a mag well for them.
They did answer my email, but said they cannot discuss future product development.
Since it's been years now it's safe to assume they have no plans to do so.
I would have bought the new PCC in a second if there was a P mag well.
At this point I've lost interest.

mpalm

Single-Sixer
I wrote to the CEO of Ruger this week and got this very similar response:Thank you for your "Tell the CEO" submission.

Although we continue to have our engineering team look at various magazine well options, we have to weigh design, function and market for each of these. Currently, we are investigating additional offerings, but none are planned for launch any time soon.

Chris Killoy
Ruger CEO