Ruger American Ranch Rifle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

brucear777

Bearcat
I have a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 223 does anybody know of a good competent gunsmith in Southern Indiana to put iron sights on this rifle for me

blammer

Single-Sixer
It may be a while for someone to answer such a geographically specific question. I may be wrong, but the only American Ranch I see on Ruger's web site is in 556, not 223.

Interesting idea: like a Scout scope, but lots cheaper.

Getting a rear sight for the picatinny rail on a Ranch is easy, but not enough rail for effective front sight.

I did find this for a flash hider front site combination. He may have been talking about a mini-14 front hider, but you might want to call Coate or Ruger to see if it would fit the Ruger American Ranch :

https://rugerforum.net/ruger-semi-auto/366051-mini-14-580-ranch-rifle-flash-hider-options.html

CoSteve posted: .... BTW, I went with a Choate front sight / FH combo on my 18" Ranch Rifle but more for the 'Mini M14' look I wanted than barrel dampening. With the SOCOM Accu-Strut and other tweaks, I had a 1¼ MOA shooter with my handloads before the FS/FH combo."

FWIW: I have a few Ranch's. I've effectively used red dots, scout scopes, regular scopes.

Good luck.

Buck Smith

Bearcat
brucear777 said:
I have a Ruger American Ranch Rifle in 223 does anybody know of a good competent gunsmith in Southern Indiana to put iron sights on this rifle for me
I'm not sure if he is still Gunsmithing but you might try Brian at Cosby Custom Guns in Chandler Indiana.

Woodsloafer

Bearcat
Skinner makes a peep sight and front sight - scroll down to the bottom of the page:

http://www.skinnersights.com/ruger_firearms_22.html

You would, of course, need to have local gunsmith drill/tap for front sight.

Latest posts