Ruger American Predator Rifle

Help Support Ruger Forum:

area51guy

Bearcat
Anyone have any experience with this model rifle in .223 ? Have been looking at one but can't seem to make up my mind!

cyborgt800

Single-Sixer
I have the Vortex -combo in .308. I haven't shot it much yet due to life issues but am looking forward to spring/summer sessions with it and the AR556.

It seems very solid and capable though.

IMHO I prefer a larger/more powerful round for bolt actions. I also try to keep all of my calibres NATO common with few exceptions.

22/45 Fan

Hunter
I have the regular American in .223 Rem. Well, it's stainless steel and left-handed so how "regular is that?. Anyway, it is very accurate, certainly 1 MOA or better with decent handloads .

area51guy

Bearcat
Well, bought a rifle, but not the Ruger Predator. I got a CZ 527 Lux in .223/5.56. It is a full rifle (23" bbl) with iron sights and scope mounts. It uses a 5 rd detachable magazine and has an adjustable single set trigger. Best of all, I was able to get it for the cost of the Ruger! Normally the CZ is about $200 more than the Ruger! Hi ho, to the range we go!

wagon

Single-Sixer
same price as RAR? I bet you bought it used.. still a great price although depends on the used condition. I had two CZ527, a Premium (basically a fancy American) and a Carbine in 1:8 somehow... I just could not feel them... was able to sell them close to my cost, I guess I was just lucky.

anyway.. just last week I bought a RAR Ranch 556 (AR mag), I really like it..

area51guy said:
Well, bought a rifle, but not the Ruger Predator. I got a CZ 527 Lux in .223/5.56. It is a full rifle (23" bbl) with iron sights and scope mounts. It uses a 5 rd detachable magazine and has an adjustable single set trigger. Best of all, I was able to get it for the cost of the Ruger! Normally the CZ is about $200 more than the Ruger! Hi ho, to the range we go!

dochound

Bearcat
my predator in 6.5 grendel shoots inside of a inch at 100 yrds with 3 factory and 4 handloads. :D

Latest posts