LCP 22lr as an everyday carry

Help Support Ruger Forum:

FergusonTO35

Hunter
I carry my LCP II .22 at home and in the yard. Load it with Aguila Interceptor 40 grain which clocks an actual 1000 fps out of my pistol and is very accurate.

BloodyThumb

Bearcat
In the last 40 years I have seen 22lr stopped by heavy winter outerwear, jewelry, leather trucker wallets, small books, heavy leather vests (as is REAL motorcycle leathers, not cheap Pakistani black "look at me, I'm a bad man" leather jackets), and once even a skull. The bullet travelled between the skull and the scalp from the back of the head to the forehead before it stopped.

No 22lr (ESPECIALLY out of a short barreled pistol) for me unless there is ABSOLUTELY nothing else available. 380 with a very few loads IMO should be the minimum ever considered... and I would even take a BAD 380 round before a 22lr pistol.

Snake45

Hawkeye
BloodyThumb said:
The bullet travelled between the skull and the scalp from the back of the head to the forehead before it stopped.
Have heard similar stories many, many times.

crstrode

Single-Sixer
Pat-inCO said:
vito said:
My current EDC is the LC9s, and sometimes I wonder if in the real world the
22lr is all that much different than a 9mm, and the ease of carrying this tiny
gun makes it very tempting.
:shock: . :roll: REALLY?! :shock:

The actual "real world" says that if the simple presence of a gun is not sufficient,
then the 9mm is the minimum caliber you want.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Mokwaw

Bearcat
I think it would be better than nothing. I was carrying a Kel-Tec P-32, with Hornady hollow points, but was never really comfortable that it was enough. I bought a Ruger LCP-MAX .380 one week ago. When I decide which ammo to carry in it I think I will be happy. It rides very well in my right front pocket in the pocket holster that came with it.