information on single six 22 limited edition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bert Felton

Bearcat
I just purchase a single six, model 00652, stainless HG, catalog # GKNR-S5, 22LR/22WMR. It is a limited edition manufactured june of 2009. Does any one know how many were produced or what the suggested retail price was?

flatgate

Hawkeye
Is this it?
pix104261453.jpg

I've no idea on production numbers or prices.

flatgate

Bert Felton

Bearcat
No, it's not that model. Its a single six .22 with a 5 1/2 barrel, fixed sights, rosewood grips, and in polished stainless steel, which is referred to as high gloss. The is nothing else of distinction.

Thank you for the response.

Bert Felton

Bearcat
Here is an easier description. It looks just like the singe six .22 with a 5 1/2 barrel in stainless that is on the Ruger web site. But it has fixed sights and is highly polished stainless rather than the satin finish.

slowpoke

Single-Sixer
I just picked up that exact same gun. I believe it's a non-cataloged, but not really a limited Ed.

chet15

Hawkeye
Right. Not really a limited edition special distributor model, but they are pretty limited for production because they've not been cataloged for about a decade.
Now if you have one of the guns that has a 265- prefix serial number instead of the 268- prefix, you have a gun that is really limited and collectible as that would be one of the guns discovered recently with "out-of-sequence" serial numbering.
And some day collectors will be picking up on the fact that Ruger is now using a NEWPORT address rollmark on the barrel instead of Southport. I suspect these stainless fixed sight guns are also coming with NEWPORT markings, which....there are probably not more than a couple hundred each of the GKNR5F and GKNR6F.
Either way, great property!!
Chet15

Bert Felton

Bearcat
Thank you to all of you who have responded so far. It's been very helpful. The serial sequence begins with 268.

areslagae

Bearcat
Hi all,

Sorry to revive this old post, but I believe I have this model.

Is this an GKNR-5S? Barrel is 5.5 inch (measured from breech).

I have the box but unfortunately it has no label.

Any other remarkable aspects (not that this model is not already remarkable)? Serial is 268 and markings are Southport.

chet15

Hawkeye
They seem to be a lot more scarce than they really are... around 3,900 made.
Catalog number GKNR5F
Chet15

Latest posts