Bought a 1971 Super Single Six ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hylander

Single-Sixer
Just bought me a pretty clean revolver :D
Only negative I can see is it only has the Mag cylinder.
Range report soon, Mags only until I can locate a long rifle cylinder.

...sounds like a nice gun, we always liked the old model Ruger revolvers.....just to let you know the proper 22 caliber cylinder for that model has the firing pin groove around the rear, and they all had "flutes", both the mag as well as the LR.......

SMv0rqBm.jpg

Good luck and enjoy it, last time I shot one of ours, grabbed the wifes old Single Six and it had the 'Mag' cylinder in it, and I went out the door to the neighbors to shoot a skunk in their garage, and I had a couple of Long Rifle cartridges, oh well, did the job just 'split' the case......... 8) :roll: :wink:

Hylander

Single-Sixer
Thanks
Found a NM Cylinder, I assume NM because it does not have the firing pin groove.
Overall length was about .002 to long.
Anyway I just finished fitting it, pretty easy.
Lock up is good, barrel to cylinder gap is .0045, end shake .001, cylinder rotates freely.
Now I just have to check tomorrow with my bore scope to see if cylinder alignment is good.

Is there a spring kit for the OM, any point in getting a BM base pin?

hittman

Staff member
Good on the fit. Great gun to own …. I've had a few over the years.

Maybe I've been lucky but any time I needed a cylinder they just dropped right in without modification or problems.

Hylander

Single-Sixer
Well,
I un bought it :lol:
Decided to get the stainless NM single six, the first one I was tinkering with :mrgreen:

Hylander

Single-Sixer
Ale-8(1) said:
"Un bought." :lol: :lol: :lol:

Traded?

I dros'ed it, in California we have to do what is called a dros and wait 10 days to pick the gun up.
Cancelled the dros a couple days later and drosed the NM.