ENHANCED EJECTOR ROD FOR THE WRANGLER AND SINGLE-SIX

Help Support Ruger Forum:

hpman66

Hunter
SAMSON: https://www.samson-mfg.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Ejector-Rod

woodsy

Blackhawk
Not having both in front of me, does the Single-Ten have a larger ejector rod than the Single-Six? I have no trouble ejecting with my stock Single-Ten, and am wondering what the point is of the larger button.

Hondo44

Hawkeye
Thanks for sharing that. There's no reason they won't work on the Blackhawks as well. They're all the same length except the 5" rod on 10" barreled Blackhawks.

But the ridge around the cavity on the front surface is a little uncomfortable for your finger for lots of shooting and ejecting cases. I use Colt rods for that reason.

woodsy said:
Not having both in front of me, does the Single-Ten have a larger ejector rod than the Single-Six? I have no trouble ejecting with my stock Single-Ten, and am wondering what the point is of the larger button.

No it doesn't.
Yeah these are a little overkill for .22s. The larger headed rods are more useful for larger calibers that take more oomh to push out 6 large cases when tight. And they look a little out of proportion on a .22. I prefer the Colt .22 size heads. You can still find them even though the guns haven't been made for many years.

They are simply Colt style rod ends. I have one on a Bearcat and my custom Single Six. Neither look to me to be out of proportion but of course we all have opinions.
Kofqonwh.jpg

lQXWJJAh.jpg

GypsmJim

Single-Sixer
I own several single sixes, blackhawks, redhawks, wranglers, et al. This looks to me like a solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

ADP3

Single-Sixer
I suspect that most buyers are picking one up to swap out the factory ejector rod because it has a plastic button.

Best Regards,
ADP3

ADP3

Single-Sixer
Got the magnet out today. Definitely non-ferrous ejector rod button. Bit of texture to it makes it seem plastic to me but it could be an aluminum or zinc casting I suppose.
Best Regards,
ADP3

ADP3

Single-Sixer
Rod is definitely stainless steel. I haven't disassembled it, but the ejector button is probably a press fit on the rod.

Best Regards,
ADP3

Hondo44

Hawkeye
I only have blue Ruger crescent shaped ejector rods. And the crescent buttons are steel.

I' sure the rods are not pressed into the button, especially if the button is plastic. The rod is inserted and riveted (the end of the rod is mashed over like a rivet). I've taken them apart in the past.