Wrangler - Armor Black

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I picked up a black Wrangler revolver/holster combo at Academy this weekend. The color printed on the box is Armor Black. On Ruger's web site it only lists Black. Is this a new color?

Highstandardguy said:
I picked up a black Wrangler revolver/holster combo at Academy this weekend. The color printed on the box is Armor Black. On Ruger's web site it only lists Black. Is this a new color?

What is the model number, that is the easiest way to determine whether it is a new model….

Highstandardguy said:
I'll have to verify when I get home but I think it's 2028.

The original (standard?) black model is #2002 so I suspect that this is a new variation…especially if that IS the model number and would be the next in line after the Black Cherry colored variation which is #2027.

Yes it is 02028. I don't see it on their web site either.

diITpI7l.jpg

Adding box picture.

kgfnKhnl.jpg

Yes I like it better than the previous Silver combo version that Academy sold. Also the grips fit my hands better than the grips on the Cobalt combo version that Talo put out although their grips are really good looking. The Cobalt color is still my favorite to date.

Rural King (RK Guns) is advertising a silver (stone gray) Wrangler with faux ivory grips and a deluxe chestnut holster for $249.99 + $12.99 shipping + tax with no ffl fee if picked up at an RK store.

I believe the model is 2029.

Gator89 said:
Rural King (RK Guns) is advertising a silver (stone gray) Wrangler with faux ivory grips and a deluxe chestnut holster for $249.99 + $12.99 shipping + tax with no ffl fee if picked up at an RK store.

I believe the model is 2029.

From what I can find out, the grips are FDE, not ivory. Not sure I'm gonna like that one..................

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Yep, I have mine on the way to my LGS. Like a dummy, I've actually been waiting for Ruger to announce these are available & show up on their website.