Lucky LCR

Help Support Ruger Forum:

sjs

Single-Sixer
I have long wanted a 22lr snub nose that had a good trigger but every one I tried was somewhere between less than ideal and downright terrible. I tried every brand I found in a gun store, over many years, and never found what I wanted. After happily owning and shooting a centerfire LCR for several years I figured that design might result in a decent rimfire trigger.

I bought a 3" LCRx a little while ago and it had a nice smooth trigger, like all LCRs but, as expected, it was noticeably heavier than my 38 LCR. Still, I enjoyed shooting it and decided to try my luck with a 2" LCR in 22lr.

I bought one online and got it today. I don't know how but this revolver is every bit as smooth and light as my 38 LCR. I only tried 4 brands of ammo, one was Federal 510 and the others were bulk pack economy ammo. I had no light strikes, no failures to fire, no problems at all. I think I hit the lottery. The Ruger engineers have done it again.

As with most production line built stuff, there's a bell curve of quality. The majority of items will be well within the 'average' while there's the occasional exceptionally good/bad specimen.

Latest posts