10/22 Prices WOW.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

jps2486

Bearcat
Two local gunshops here in La Crosse, WI have one of these. One is $399 without scope and the other is $499 with a cheap Bushnell scope. Fleet/Farm has a brand new one for $399.

woodsy

Blackhawk
cjcutter1 said:
Just got lucky and found a plain Jane carbine version at Walmart for $237 plus tAx.
That's more than what my LGS charged for the exact same rifle, recently. All SS with plastic stock.

EVILDOCTOR235

Single-Sixer
I was at a gunshow about 2 months ago and that day the ruger 10/22 plain jane models were priced at $499.00 plus tax. 525 round Federal blue box 22 ammo was priced at $79.00 plus tax. The show was being held at our fairgrounds in a large building. There was only a couple dozen sellers there and 7 or 8 buyers and this was on a Saturday.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I grabbed a nice like new 10/22 Mannlicher (1265) with a beautiful walnut stock off Gunbroker for $275 in November of 19...Just a few months before all went south.

45acpskng

Bearcat
Don't despair, I found a Mint '78 Sporter Deluxe, possibly unfired, for $250 shipped, before all the Corona BS and gouging. After it all dies down, prices may be more reasonable again.

Jon406

Single-Sixer
I'm currently shopping for a Ruger 10/22... It'll be a few weeks, but I'm pretty sure which one I want.

Redhawk41

Bearcat
My plain Jane hardwood (not walnut) 10/22 has the metal trigger group and is in very good condition. What are those going for these days?

hittman

Staff member
Depends a lot on what part of the country you're in.

Some places you can buy a brand new one in the $300 range and if so ….. would a good USED one be worth $200-$225?

Gotta remember they've made several million of them.

Redhawk41

Bearcat
I was referring to the fact it is all metal and wood, not plastic. Wasn't sure how much of a factor that would be.

hittman

Staff member
Probably not much if anything to the average joe consumer.

There's millions of plastic Nylon 66s still functioning fine after 50-60 years.

But maybe a little bit to the guy wanting to part it out for a custom or to make a custom out of it. Ya never know.

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
I'm not for or against one or the other, but I remember seeing a segment on one of the TV gun programs years ago of Ruger doing a drop test on the polymer vs aluminum trigger guard, I believe it was a 5lb weight from around 8 feet. It bounced right off the poly trigger leaving a slight, barely noticeable dent...And completely smashed & busted right through the cast aluminum unit.

Redhawk41

Bearcat
BULL'S-EYE said:
I'm not for or against one or the other, but I remember seeing a segment on one of the TV gun programs years ago of Ruger doing a drop test on the polymer vs aluminum trigger guard, I believe it was a 5lb weight from around 8 feet. It bounced right off the poly trigger leaving a slight, barely noticeable dent...And completely smashed & busted right through the cast aluminum unit.

Lesson to be learned here; don't drop weights on your gun or drop your gun on the ground. :lol:

BULL'S-EYE said:
..and I'll still take the metal alloy over the plastic poly trigger guard/assy and barrel band. :D

Huskerfan

Bearcat
My Dad asked me to look for a Walnut Stocked 1022 like he use to have, before my Brother abused it into a beat-up rusted heap.

My brother still has it, But my Dad doesn't want that one back.

Looking local and on GunB, Prices are nuts, he bought his in the late 1960's. My Brother killed it in the 80's

Do you ever see any of the older walnut stocked 1022's for sale anymore?
I'm glad to see a few starting to show back up on the shelves finally!

RugerForMe

Single-Sixer
Just before Christmas 2021, I found him a 1972 vintage carbine, in excellent condition. They are getting harder and harder in decent original condition. Most have been run hard, and put away wet

20210913_090712.jpg
20210913_090722.jpg

Last edited: