Ruger A54 wooden grips with black eagle medallion question ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

EVILDOCTOR235

Single-Sixer
About 10 years ago I went on the Numrich Gun Parts website and bought a bunch of NOS sets of wooden grips for Ruger 22 auto pistols with the A54 grip frame. They have the black eagle medallion in the left side grip about a half inch below the upper screw. If I remember correctly, Numrich listed them as made by Sile. Did Sile make the grips for Ruger to put on guns from the factory or for Ruger to sell as a up grade from the hard rubber grips ? Or were they sold by Sile as aftermarket grips that they put Ruger medallions on ? These grips do not have a thumb rest and are in new condition. I am probably going to list a pair on eBay to figure out what they are worth. I rarely see A54 grips for sale there. Thank you in advance.

EvilDr235

They made them BOTH ways for the factory , wood ,checkered as well as thumb rest with the Ruger medallion as well as their own line with a 'Sile' medallion, the same size, then I think Lett made them later...some years ago Sile was closing them out and they were really cheap like $6 a pair with the ruger medallion and folks were buying them up just to get the black eagle medallion out of the 'single' left grip, I know I got about a dozen sets back then.........Sile made the target grips for the Security Sixes also and I do recall being told that they made arrangements for the fancy single action grips for the RSSE , were made in Italy...I was told this by both Jan Matlega and Jack Behn many years ago, in the1970s.......

Latest posts