Box question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

kevin masten

Blackhawk
I am referring to the box the MK1 pistol with the tapered 5 1/4 " barrel was shipped in. Was the box generic or labeled or printed to the specific 5 1/4" barrel. I have never had the opportunity to see one of the boxes. The books I have do not differentiate or I have just missed the box.

somebody could make a few bucks with a book just on Ruger boxes. A few partners here especially with free a photo provided to our members (like my dad did in the workman book with the 10/22 intro) should make it easy and profitable to cover most of the boxes before the new model intros About the only later boxes of note maybe would be the red label violin and the anniversary boxes

kevin masten

Blackhawk
I agree on a book on Ruger boxes. The variety seems endless, or at least to me! As I mentioned in an earlier post, there are boxes , for various models, I have never seen! I have slowly, over the years , been able to find boxes and add them to my stash and , still, new/different variety's appear. I suppose, in my experience, boxes are quite scarce in relation to numbers of firearms manufactured.

kevin masten

Blackhawk
Recycled, perhaps? Speaking of plastic boxes, some of the early ones for the P-85, etc. are not all that plentiful.

chet15

Hawkeye
The more a particular model was used... the tougher it is to come up with a box. Early auto boxes are almost non-existent. Single-Six boxes pretty common. Lightweight boxes, a rare model... but Single-Sixes were very hot at the time, so very few Lightweight boxes are around.
Flattop boxes Tough to find but not impossible, 10" flattop boxes are rare as are 9-1/2" Single-Six boxes... the extra length probably didn't help the cardboard.
And Hawkeye boxes... there are quite a few out there, probably because of the uniqueness of the gun and cartridge.
Chet15