10/22 info needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

G2

Hunter
YES.

Now what is the model #? IDK, but I do think it is referred as a Walmart Special.

Several years ago I bought the barrel from one of these guns, put a big-o-flash suppressor on it, dropped it into a boat paddle stock, tripod & scope too. It gets a lot of looks when at the range. It is one of my more accurate 10-22's.

hittman said:
Did Ruger make a 10/22 in stainless with a 22" barrel?

Yes, Ruger Model #1149, Catalog#K10/22-22, originally a Walmart exclusive I believe but then became a Lipsey's exclusive and is still cataloged on the Ruger website, and the Lipsey's website:

https://ruger.com/products/1022Sporter/specSheets/1149.html

https://lipseys.com/itemdetail?itemno=RUK1022-22

My 2004 manufactured rifle is rollmarked on the receiver "Model 10/22 Rifle" instead of the normal "Model 10/22 Carbine". Has a checkered birch DSP style stock...the blued model is Ruger Model#1150

Nice rifle...

hittman

Staff member
:oops: Well that's embarrassing! Never dreamed they'd still be available...... I sure could have done that search myself. :lol:

Thanks much for the info guys. I've got an extra boat paddle / skeleton stock laying around I was thinking of using for a longer barrel 10/22.

Didn't want to put a WTB ad in the Classifieds unless that longer barrel had actually been offered.

10-15 years back we could never get find the 22" stainless out west. For a while there also seemed to be a shortage of 18" blue or stainless back east. I was able to trade straight up for a few of the 22" stainless barrels. Now days the 22' stainless barrels seem to be fairly scarce on the secondary market. When they do show up, they seem to run in the $90 to $110 range. Best luck will probably be on RFC with a WTB post.

hittman

Staff member
Lipsey's is out of stock on these and GunBroker completed actions show they sell for MSRP PLUS $100 or more!

I can wait until (or IF) the panic/pandemic pricing is over.