Best Drum Mag for a my 10/22

Help Support Ruger Forum:

johnr283

Bearcat
I need a drum mag for my 10/22 tommy gun conversion.

Has any one had any experience with with the ATI or Pro Mag drums?

Pro Mag make a 55rd or 7rd. ATI makes a 110rd. I like the idea of 110 round better and I prefer the look of the ATI mag. How well does it function compared to the Pro Mags?

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
I have found that Black Dog 50 round drum are IMHO the best on the market. You can switch towers for other guns.
I have built and sold four 10/22 Gatling guns and they all ran great, the Pro Mag drums not so well,

Terry

Just how tight does a drum mag have to fit the magwell to support that much weight and still feed properly?
Just asking since I've found that most 25 round extended mags require external support to feed right.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Mobuck said:
Just how tight does a drum mag have to fit the magwell to support that much weight and still feed properly?
Just asking since I've found that most 25 round extended mags require external support to feed right.

I have never had to add support to any I have built, 25 round stick or 50 round drum :?: Let alone a vertical drum magazine on a 10/22 Tommy gun.
Better yet, you research it and form your own opinion, its all about the tower options. I think you might enjoy it.

Terry