MKI sights ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

IKE

Single-Sixer
I've got a hardly ever used target model 67/8" MKI heavy taper barrel (srl. # 13-7****) that I purchased new back in the late 70's along with a 4" tapered barrel.....both are marked, "made in the 200th year".

Anyway, with my almost 71 year old eyes I'm finding difficult to clearly see the front blade clearly even with a dab of paint on it......is there any place to order a higher visibility "correct height" front sight for the 67/8" model and maybe even a white two dot or outlined rear blade for the rear adjustable sight ?

A few of my 1911's came with three dot white sights so I know those are easy for me to see.

well with that model you can always replace the front with a ramp blade, than paint it a BRIGHT color, and replace the rear blade with a white outline one..pinned in blade ( front ) makes it a bit harder than the bull barrel with a screw on sight, then you could put Hi Viz or some such............good luck 8) :roll: :wink:

woodsy

Blackhawk
Wow. What a great recommendation from recumbent. My eyes are even older than the OP's, and I also have a Mark 1.
Thanks, guy.

contender

Ruger Guru
I have a set of colored sights for the MKI & MKII Rugers like that. Years ago,, Ram-Line did make a complete set with a front and rear set with white, orange, & black.

My set is a spare,, and if you are interested,, I'll PM you about them.

As "Pagan" as it may sound to some folks, my advice is just mount the correct base in the rear sight dovetail and add a small "dot" optic. You'll find it far easier to shoot accurately.

edlmann

Blackhawk
IKE said:
I've got a hardly ever used target model 67/8" MKI heavy taper barrel . . . <edited> . . . is there any place to order a higher visibility "correct height" front sight for the 67/8" model and maybe even a white two dot or outlined rear blade for the rear adjustable sight ?
Millett used to make a three dot sight setup for Ruger .22 pistols. That would be an eBay item these days.