New Ruger .22 Revolver Introduced

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Shorty Jenkins

Blackhawk
Has anyone heard if Ruger will possibly make different barrel lengths for the Wrangler?
I'm sort of itching for some other barrel lengths in this fine little revolver.
Just curious.

Many thanks,
Shorty

Cdog

Bearcat
I was just looking through post from a year or so back. Sale prices sure have changed.

I picked up my first Wrangler, a Model 2003 from a local Mom & Pop a few weeks back @$185.00 otd. The lowest I've seen elsewhere lately is $199.00 plus tax.

Unless I'm greatly fooled (that would be no big surprise) these are fine little revolvers for the money.

I'm likely to add a second one in all black.

This may have been posted before. Premium Pistol Grips has some nice looking grips at fair prices.

I ordered faux aged ivory and rosewood for the Wranglers and one set of 1911 grips from them. I think it was 15% off with 3 sets.

I'm thinking the ivory will look best on an all black and the rosewood will go on my current one. The rosewood look much better in person. The iphone doesn't do them justice.

https://premiumgungrips.com/ruger/

attachment.php

attachment.php

blue2golf

Bearcat
Finally got the chance to shoot my Olive Drab Wrangler yesterday. Nothing fancy, I set up an aluminum can about 15 feet away from me. Lined up the can in my sights, kept missing the can off to the left. Aimed at the empty space just to the right of the can...bang! Sent it flying. Kentucky windage will be required with this revolver.

So yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with the accuracy but that's the chance you take with fixed sights. It is a fun shooter.

57springer

Buckeye
blue2golf said:
Finally got the chance to shoot my Olive Drab Wrangler yesterday. Nothing fancy, I set up an aluminum can about 15 feet away from me. Lined up the can in my sights, kept missing the can off to the left. Aimed at the empty space just to the right of the can...bang! Sent it flying. Kentucky windage will be required with revolver.

So yeah, I'm a bit disappointed with the accuracy but that's the chance you take with fixed sights. It is a fun shooter.
I have 2 wranglers ,1 I have not shot yet . The one I have shot shoots to your description . I thought about filing the rear notch but I am going to get someone else to shoot it first.

blue2golf

Bearcat
57springer said:
blue2golf said:
Finally got the chance to shoot my Olive Drab Wrangler yesterday. Nothing fancy, I set up an aluminum can about 15 feet away from me. Lined up the can in my sights, kept missing the can off to the left. Aimed at the empty space just to the right of the can...bang! Sent it flying. Kentucky windage will be required with revolver.

I have 2 wranglers ,1 I have not shot yet . The one I have shot shoots to your description . I thought about filing the rear notch but I am going to get someone else to shoot it first.

I let my younger brother shoot it too..same result. Oh well, I'm keeping it anyway.

I brought my Single Six along for comparison. Butter smooth, no problem hitting the target.

57springer

Buckeye
I really like mine too . But like you, I have single sixes and several blackhawks , all very accurate . I guess its the risk of a gun with out adj. sights .

varminter22

Single-Sixer
blue2golf said:
Finally got the chance to shoot my Olive Drab Wrangler yesterday. Nothing fancy, I set up an aluminum can about 15 feet away from me. Lined up the can in my sights, kept missing the can off to the left. Aimed at the empty space just to the right of the can...bang! Sent it flying. Kentucky windage will be required with this revolver.

So, fix it! Likely, the barrel simply needs to be properly clocked. Any competent gunsmith can likely fix it, or send it back to Ruger.

blue2golf

Bearcat
varminter22 said:
blue2golf said:

So, fix it! Likely, the barrel simply needs to be properly clocked. Any competent gunsmith can likely fix it, or send it back to Ruger.

Good idea, I keep forgetting about Ruger's excellent CS.

The Wrangler Birdshead (model 2030)seems to be hitting the dealer shelves now, first wrangler with 3 3/4" barrel, also comes with a holster. This week, Ruger has introduced the three original colors in Birdshead models, #2015, 2016 & 2017…all with the same 3 3/4" barrels but with plastic grip panels, same material and design as the originals…

Based on serial numbers I have seen, Ruger has manufactured over 500,000 Wranglers to date!

varminter22

Single-Sixer
I sure like that Birdshead model!

I recently picked up a regular Wrangler in Black Cherry. For the wife, ya know. LOL My gunsmith slicked up the action. We're anxious to shoot it.

Are there any precautions you should take when cleaning these cerakote firearms? Or is the cerakote impervious to cleaning solvents and methods?

BULL'S-EYE

Blackhawk
Three new birdshead models announced today...

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/12/ruger-announces-new-birdshead-style-wrangler-revolvers/

varminter22

Single-Sixer
Well, I still haven't shot my new Wrangler, but am not off to a very good start.

As purchased, and as you can well imagine, the trigger and action was horrible. I took it straight to my 'smith. He got it slicked up pretty good, with a nice 2.5 lb trigger.

BUT, the back of the cylinder was dragging on the rear of the frame/recoil shield! Rather piss poor quality control, even for an inexpensive revolver like this. Rather than send it back to Ruger, we elected to do some judicious filing. Its pretty much acceptable now, but we may go into it again.

I still think I'm gonna like it, although it will never compare favorably to my Single Sixes.

If I do end up liking it, might have to get one of the new shorter barreled birdshead grip models!

hittman

Staff member
Many years ago I quit buying $200 handguns and expecting a $500 result.

Things like the P95 got traded in favor of a C75, my LC9 was replaced by a Glock 43, Taurus 85 became an LCR …. And so on.

I really enjoy going to the range but life's too short to spend hard earned money on guns that don't work the way I'd hoped.