Redhawk 41 Mag

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
Can anyone tell me if I am looking for the needle in the haystack. I would like to find a Redhawk in a 41 Mag. I understand that they have not been made since the early 90's but just what are my chances?
TNX

we see them at the gun shows, in fact sold a couple in the last few months ourselves....they are on gunbroker , I am told, no time to go there ourselves,besides we don't do internet buys/sell...only people we know and have dealt with over the years......
put an 'ad' on the classifieds here on the Forum, they are out there.....

surveyor47

Single-Sixer
About 2006 CDNN sports www.cdnnsports.com had "new old stock" 41 Redhawks on sale for $450. I got mine. Unfortunately, I dont really like it and would frankly prefer an Accusport Bisley 41. The thing I dont like about the Redhawk is the grips. The coke botles fit my hand, but they hurt when fired! I tried Pachmyers and they were too big. I tried Houge, but the new gripframe insert is different from the old. One of these days I am going to purchase a new grip insert from Ruger, hopefully one that will fit Houge.

The Bisley is lighter, more natural and doesnt hurt when shot.

BearStopper

Blackhawk
I have seen a couple listed on this website and a few more on the auctions sites in the last few months so just be patient and one will come around.

Corky

Bearcat
They pop up at the local shows every so often.
I picked up a nice 7 1\2 inch in the last year.
It was priced like a 44 Mag. :D

Jeff

MADISON

Single-Sixer
Back when Ruger dumped all the .41 Magnum Redhawk revolvers I could have bought a stainless 7 inch one for less than $200.00. My wife talked me out of it. I have/had 2 657 S&W and that was enough.
I could kick myself for not buying one.

BangFlop

Bearcat
I just bought one yesterday for $450 from a friend of mine. I think right now that was a very reasonable price. Mine looks just like the one mentioned above on GBroker (1988 manufacture date, 5.5" barrel, stainless). I have not shot it yet, but I imagine I will put some Pachmyar decelerator grippers on it.
I read somewhere (believe only 25% of what you read) that Ruger only made around 3000 of the 5.5" stainless Redhawks in 41 mag - haven't confirmed that with Ruger so don't know if that is true or not.
8)

s4s4u

Hunter
hittman":3syaexp3 said:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=134904121

No dog in the fight. Just one I see on an auction site.

Gee thanks bro, I was hoping it would fly under the radar :-(