Help With Ruger Single Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

dapperdon

Bearcat
Can someone here give me some info and approximate value on a Ruger Single Six,Blue,With Both cylinders,No Box,SN#60-478XX,Adjustable Rear sight,.It is in what I would call excellent condition,only very minor holster wear at end of barrell.The Frame under the Grip has XR3 RED if that means anything.Thanks in advance for any help!!

contender

Ruger Guru
Welcome to the Forum.
Actually what it appears that you have is an Old Model Super Single-Six. Made in 1970 most likely. (Ruger Records can verify that with a phone call, do not accept the website as fact.) Now, condition is everything along with a few other possible minor details. However, I would place the value somewhere between $300-$350 approximately from what you described.
I'm assuming here that it has NOT been converted to the safety transfer bar system, and that the barrel length is either 5-1/2" or 6-1/2".

dapperdon

Bearcat
Thanks Contender,I think the barrell is 5-1/2" and it looks to be in really good shape other than the little bit of holster wear at the end of the barrell.Is there a way I can tell if it has had the conversion you mentioned? Thanks Again

flatgate

Hawkeye
dapperdon":z3vdhr0j said:
Is there a way I can tell if it has had the conversion you mentioned? Thanks Again

Pull the hammer back to the half cock position, open the loading gate and roll the cylinder around twice, looking for cartridges. Empty?

OK, now look between the hammer and the cylinder frame of the gun while the hammer is still in the "half cock" position. Do you see a "stamped steel" flat piece of metal in there? If so, the gun has "the kit". If not, then "no kit".

Now, to properly handle the gun, pull the hammer to full cock then gently lower it down to the "at rest" position.

:)

flatgate

308longdistance

Blackhawk
003.jpg

Top hammer stepped face = converted to transfer bar safety system.

Bottom hammer straight face = original lock work.

dapperdon

Bearcat
I do not see a flat piece of stamped metal there and the hammer is straight just like the bottom gun in photo. It does have Ruger 22 cal.
Single Six on the side.Thanks for any info.it is really appreciated!!