Trigger jobs?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ElrodCod

Single-Sixer
My 50th Anniversary .357 has a horrible trigger. I'm not concerned about the weight....I can deal with that. It's the miserable trigger creep before let off that this gun has. It's the worst single action trigger I've ever felt. Anyone have a cure? Any recommendations for good gunsmiths? Taking the cost of shipping a handgun I'm tempted to try one of the Power Custom trigger/hammer kits. Anybody having good results with them?

Cheers
Elrodcod

AzRebel

Single-Sixer
Dry fire it a bit while putting extra pressure on the hammer with your thumb. I have a Single Six that was horrible, and it cleaned it up pretty quickly.

It still has a tiny bit of creep, but it's smooth and I don't notice it without there being the "pulling the cat of the screen door" type of drag...pretty much like all new models seem to have.

Daryl

41 mag fan

Single-Sixer
That is one of the great advantages of working for a gunsmith. I do mostly stockwork and repairs but the other gentleman I work with does grat trigger jobs. Usually I can trade work with him and get them done for myself. Steve

woodperson

Single-Sixer
I had a local gunsmith do a trigger job on my first Ruger SA. He did a good job and it did not cost a lot. He said "it will never be a S&W pull, but I can clean it up a lot". He did. I think the custom hammer kit also adds the half cock and cyling alignment witht he loading gate?? that would be worth something to me. I did the free spin conversion, but do not really like it.

ElrodCod

Single-Sixer
SAJohn":1z8mg7qd said:
Elrod, First go here http://www.realguns.com/archives/010.htm for a good general description of DIY. Note that the fancy jigs are not required. Then PM me for more information.

SAJohn

Thanks for the link. The gun also has a canted front sight so I'll probably send the gun back to Ruger for that & I'll gripe about the trigger creep too. If that doesn't work I'm leaning toward a PC half cock hammer/trigger kit.