How much have you changed in fifteen years?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
I was browsing through some of my photos and came across this photo of two Ruger .45s, one a Blackhawk the other a Bisley:

The same two .45s some fifteen years later:

Bob Wright

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
Both pairs of grips are made by Pat Grashorn.

As to the Bisley, I read a lot about how great the Bisley was so made up several, or bought them, to compare grips with the Blackhawk and Super Blackhawk grips profiles. After thorough testing with various barrel lengths and bullet weights and calibers, I settled on the Super Blackhawk for my heavy recoiling stuff, and the Blackhawk for midrange stuff. Bisley proved my least favorite for fast recovery one hand shooting, and Super for hunting type loads. When chooting one handed, duelist style, the Bisley always pointed low for me.

Bob Wright

msp2640

Single-Sixer
Bob - Nice pair in either version/ "generation". A quick question as to the Grasshorn grips. Does he mark them in any particular way? A while back I bought a 2nd hand, but from the original owner, blued SBH with the 5.5" bbl. At the time of the sale, he stated the grips on it were made by Grasshorn and he had sent the frame out to him to have them fit. The fit and finish on them is flawless and look very similar to the one on the left of your picture. Just wondering, as the grips on mine are unmarked. They were actually the only reason I bought the revolver, as I already had 2 other SBHs at the time. Appreciate your time - Thanks, Bill in MA

Bob Wright

Hawkeye
msp2640 said:
Bob - Nice pair in either version/ "generation". A quick question as to the Grasshorn grips. Does he mark them in any particular way? A while back I bought a 2nd hand, but from the original owner, blued SBH with the 5.5" bbl. At the time of the sale, he stated the grips on it were made by Grasshorn and he had sent the frame out to him to have them fit. The fit and finish on them is flawless and look very similar to the one on the left of your picture. Just wondering, as the grips on mine are unmarked. They were actually the only reason I bought the revolver, as I already had 2 other SBHs at the time. Appreciate your time - Thanks, Bill in MA

No, Sir, he makes no identification on his grips. Nor does Sack Pederson as I recall.

Bob Wright