Best grip for a Redhawk .45

Help Support Ruger Forum:

protoolman

Service-Sixer
A have a 4" Redhawk which I aquired at a gun show last fall. It came with the Houge bantam grip. I aquired a regular Redhawk wood grip in a swap with Bear paw Jack. I like the look of that one better. I have now also bought a Pachmayr Presentation which fits my hand the best I think? Need to shoot it more to be sure. Anyone got a favorite I've missed?

I really like the Nill grip (below), but you'll need to make sure the Redhawk grip frame sides (edges) are sanded down nice and level or do some fitting to make this grip work. I know Bowen will provide that service but my local smith struggled with fitting these. The grips are precision-made for an exact fit, but the Redhawk grip frame is not. These grips are very comfortable, mitigates recoil nicely, helps me shoot it more it more accurately, and look better than the alternatives, IMO.

Edit: I forgot to mention that this is for the square-butt Redhawk grip frame and not the round butt.

hittman

Staff member
Uncle Mike's.

voxsjiah.jpg

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Nill grip looks fabulous but probably high priced? I had forgotten about Uncle Mike's may have to try that too.

The Nill grips will run close to $200, plus you might run into fitting issues which means a good gunsmith might want a Benjamin for his trouble. I went all out on this particular Redhawk since it was a very special gun with a lot of sentimental value. I have a 4" Redhawk 45 Colt and decided to stick with the Bantam finger-grooved factory rubber grips on it.

hittman

Staff member
I think the Uncle Mikes grips are discontinued so maybe a Classified ad here could score you a set.

Snyd

Single-Sixer
I've tried about all there are an for me the best are the $15.00 Uncle Mikes.

P6260115.jpg

protoolman

Service-Sixer
Snyd: tell me about your Redhawk. Did you swap in a super .454 cylinder and magna- port it? Just guessing based on it's looks.

Arisin' Wind said:
I like the Ruger Redhawk Square Butt GENUINE ROSEWOOD Classic Grips from Eagle grips. Classic looks and they fit really nice.

Do you have a link where to get these?

EDIT: found them!

https://www.eaglegrips.com/ruger-redhawk-grips/288-ruger-redhawk-square-butt-genuine-rosewood-classic-grips-checkered.html

seasterl said:
Arisin' Wind said:
I like the Ruger Redhawk Square Butt GENUINE ROSEWOOD Classic Grips from Eagle grips. Classic looks and they fit really nice.

Do you have a link where to get these?

https://www.eaglegrips.com/ruger-re...genuine-rosewood-classic-grips-checkered.html

Ruger Redhawk Square Butt GENUINE ROSEWOOD Classic Grips - CHECKERED $159.95

Fits: Ruger

Gun model: Redhawk

Model# RU51-CLRO-NACH

Our Classic Rosewood Revolver Grips are a high-quality replacement for your original factory grips that will enhance both the look and feel of your Ruger Redhawk.

ruger-redhawk-square-butt-genuine-rosewood-classic-grips-checkered.jpg

protoolman

Service-Sixer
So far my favorite that fits my hand best is a Pachmayr Presentation in the discontinued camouflage.The Eagle grip looks great but not affordable.