Super Redhawk in 41 magnum

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I've been looking for Information on my 41 mag SRH. Super, not standard. Trying to find out how many were made, or?? I imagine it was a lipseys or accu sport gun produced in small batches? The gun is massive for those little .41 cal holes in the cylinder. Any production info would be welcome.

contender

Ruger Guru
Ruger doesn't share production numbers. And the RENE doesn't show a Super Redhawk in .41 mag at all. But the guide stops in 2010. They would have to have been made after 2010.

And if you think those holes look small,, look at a .357 Redhawk,,,,!

I have one as well. I've never been able to find any info on them, that's why I posted it up. It really likes the 250 grain bullets, and feels like a 22 shooting them. Wayyyy overbuilt and strong for a 41mag.?

Aqualung

Blackhawk
Wow...

Didn't know they made them in .41...

Thanks a lot, I thought I had the full set of Ruger revolvers in .41 magnum with my .41 Blackhawk and .41 Redhawk...(though I admittedly don't have an Old Model Blackhawk, either).

Aqualung

I actually like the grip configuration of the Super over a standard Redhawk. In 41, there's not really much recoil, but in the large calibers the grip angle plus the Hogue rubber grip, with the gel, really help.

Onty

Single-Sixer
bearskinner said:
I have one as well. I've never been able to find any info on them, that's why I posted it up. It really likes the 250 grain bullets, and feels like a 22 shooting them. Wayyyy overbuilt and strong for a 41mag.?
Here are two nice ones, perfect for 41 SRH:

8Eu0q2y.jpg

https://www.mp-molds.com/product/mp-413-265-wnfp-41-cal-hollow-point-mold-multichoice/

As you could see, available also as HP.

Onty

Single-Sixer
bearskinner said:
I have that mold really like the penta in that one. Also cast an Accurate 250 grain GC, with a huge meplat. I'll powder coat a batch of each and test some loads for accuracy.
Which MP mold you have, plain base, or gas check? How it compares in accuracy with Accurate?

I do not have mold for heavy weight in 41 and 44, but if I want to shoot heavy ones, it will be full throttle and with a gas check.

The Accurate mold is a 41-250FG it has a gas check and the meplat is .37 wide and .32 past the crimp groove. It's a WFN hammer.
I just took the rear sight off the SRH and added a weigand mount, so I can wring some accuracy out of it.
My Blackhawk Bisley Hunter ( a magazine build I got from Mark) really likes the 215 jacketed XTP's and Swift A frames.
Next month I have a 41m/410GNR dual cylinder gun coming in. That's a 5" Octagon belt gun, 5 shot cylinders. I'll load the GC hammers in that as well.
Starting to get addicted to those darn 41's

As an FYI, there's a Super RH in 41 mag on gunbroker with 2 days to go…. Pretty reasonable so far. Heck at that price I'll go for a spare!

Ended up at $1275. Hope it gets used, there shooters

sixshot

Buckeye
Those 41 SRH;s with a 265 gr solid will handle just about any sane load you put in them & also about any animal on the planet within reason. They are way over built. Would love to find one.

Dick

Latest posts