Looking for value etc. for this 1970/71 Blackhawk.

Help Support Ruger Forum:

slotbike

Single-Sixer
Just acquired this 3 screw Blackhawk in.357 magnum! Gun dates to 1970/71. Condition is excellent with only a small amount of bluing wear on the very bottom of the grip frame. 6.5" barrel.
https://imgur.com/a/HrVlTzz

hittman

Staff member
Has the blueing been removed from the grip frame?

I'm guessing its just glare. Really nice looking gun though.

In todays market the prices are a crap shoot ……. Would $550 be in the ball park??

slotbike

Single-Sixer
No, the bluing is magnificent....there is a small area on the very bottom of the frame between the grips where the gun must have bumped against something, in the holster and that is the only thing negative on the gun.

k22fan

Blackhawk
I did not shoot my 6 1/2" OM BH this summer but it has not been that long. Their grip frames are anodized, not blued, are they not?

Mine, in similar condition, was $350 & tax but that was before the buying panic started. It's amazing what a change of party in power at the federal level has done to the gun market. I prefer my longer barrel because I use mine for informal target shooting but my observation is that more shooters want the shorter OM .357 and that's reflected in pricing.

sounds like a nice gun, easy enough to fix,touch up the very bottom of the anodized grip frame.......sometimes but seldom does anything like Birchwood casey or such "Aluminum Black" and we used to just remove the grips, tape the grip frame ( entire gun can go in a plastic sack) and simply "dust" ( spray paint) the bottom with Krylon flat black paint, takes about as long as it took to type this up.........Brownells also sells a spray coating called "Alumhyde", but the can will last you FOREVER, we used it all the time in the shops... 8) :roll: :wink: