Looking for Ruger Bisley Grips ..BUT SLIM / THIN Style?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

LPRoad

Bearcat
My Bisley Vaqueros wear Eagle Gunfighter grips as recommended by Sacramento Johnson. Significantly more ergonomic than the oem grips.

LPRoad

Bearcat
I have to agree. Mine are checkered rosewood that I managed to find used. Another option is Bearpaw grips. One of the fellows on my SASS state match posse a couple of years ago had them on his Bisleys and they felt as good or better than my Eagle Gunfighters.

https://bearpawgrips.com/

Onty

Single-Sixer
I found that OEM grips are bit bulky for me, and decide to modify them. So, I mill them in a such way that the whole grips had the same thickness as on the top, something like 1/4". After that, I rounded front and aft portion, eliminating flat spot after milling.

Also, I didn't like fairly sharp edge just behind trigger. So, I took vacuum cleaner tube, wrapped a sand paper around it and made grips like this:

DSC04082.JPG

CAUTION: Go slowly with this modification. Check frequently how grips feel. Small amount removed has considerable impact how grips feel. Also, don't do any sanding when grips are installed on grip frame. You do not want to sand frame or a grip frame.

Grips felt way more comfortable, especially with heavier load, when revolver rotates upward considerably.

snakeeyes4445

Single-Sixer
Good topic. I agree wholeheartedly with the OP looking for thinner grips. Since I cannot get my hand around the factory Bisley grips or one by a custom maker member here without feeling like I was going to drop the revolver, I sold the grip frame and bought an XR3-Red.

Nice Owen Four Bore in your thumbnail, Safari Kid.

budroe

Bearcat
Back when I had Dave Clements overhaul my Black Hawk Bisley .45 Colt, I wanted a set of mesquite burl grips thinner than the grips on the gun installed. He recommended SK Custom Grips. While he had the gun, he sent the grip frame to SK and they fitted a pair. They are a perfect fit for my hands.