Help me identify Ruger Single Action grip panels

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
My wife found these at a yard sale the other day, Ruger Single action grips, walnut wood. These are little different, they are about 1/4" longer than most. I tried them for fit on a modern Blackhawk .357, grips too long. Modern Super Blackhawk, same thing, grips too long. 1986 vintage Single Six, grips too long.

The grips measure 3.17 " long, top to bottom. 2.19" wide at the bottom of the grips, 1.58" from grip screw to grip locator pin hole.

Here's some pics:

So, what do you think? Old Model Super Blackhawk?

Thanks for your help,

Magnum Force

G2

Hunter
Those are Super Black Hawk,
New Model w/ Dragoon Trigger Guard,
7.5 or 10 inch barrel.
Silver Escutcheons. Screw will be Stainless
Walnut, made by Lett.
"SR" Medallions.

FWIW: All Old Model grips have Blue Escutcheons

These grips are often found (at yard sales) in Pachmayr boxes, that they were changed out for.

Magnum Force

Single-Sixer
No, they didn't come with the grip screw. Thank you for your help in identifying these grips, I think I will offer them up for sale here in the Ruger Forum. Perhaps we can unite a revolver with an original set of grips...

woodpuppy

Single-Sixer
Wait - let's focus on the part where your wife found them at a yard sale! And did she buy them? That's the real story here! Props to your wife and congratulations to you!!

caryc

Hawkeye
Wow, I haven't had to post this stuff in quite a while. But here it is again. A simple 3" square will tell you what grips you have.

It's easy to tell a set of Ruger Super Blackhawk grips just by looking at them. As you see in the picture below. The medallions for the regular Blackhawk have about the same amount of grip material on top of them as they have in front of them.

The medallions on the Super Blackhawk grips have about twice the grip material in front of them as they do on top of them.

b2ogu0f.jpg

toFlhre.jpg