My Police Security Six came in.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Mus408

Hunter
Malcolm2 said:
My stainless Police Security Six had the barrel separate from the frame after 12 rounds of Armscor 158 grain FMJ. The folks at the range had never seen that type of failure. They sent the remains to Ruger to see what they will do.

Wow! Shame that had to happen. I had mine out couple days ago and was shooting mild loads....6.0 gr. of PowerPistol under a 158 gr. RNFP cast bullet in 357 Mag brass. Nice load that shoots well.

Malcolm2

Bearcat
RoninPA said:
Malcolm2 said:
My stainless Police Security Six had the barrel separate from the frame after 12 rounds of Armscor 158 grain FMJ. The folks at the range had never seen that type of failure. They sent the remains to Ruger to see what they will do.

Any reply from Ruger yet?

Ruger is going to send me a new GP100 per my contact. This is outstanding customer care! I will post a photo of the new arrival once I have it.

k22fan

Blackhawk
A new GP 100 probably with some choice of variety? Hmm .... if I use a pipe wrench to over torque the Service Six that cost me in the low $200s I get a new GP? Hmm ...

Actually I wouldn't do such a thing. However, were I Malcolm2, I wouldn't hesitate asking if they'd upgrade to an Old Army.

Malcolm2

Bearcat
FergusonTO35 said:
Very glad to hear Ruger is giving you a new gun, however I would rather have a Six myself.

Since I expected nothing, I am overjoyed by their service. Every Ruger I have owned has always been far better than its personal shooter. I am extremely impressed!

kbm6893

Single-Sixer
Ruger has great customer service, but it's hit or miss how it's applied. I've seen other guys only get an offer for a new GP at cost, never a free one. I'd be happy to get a new GP for a broken Six. Congrats!

Malcolm2

Bearcat
I received a new blued GP-100 in replacement for my failed Security Six. I am very pleased with Ruger's response. This is outstanding customer service!

Latest posts