"old model" Vaquero & Flat Top info needed

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Ray Newman

Blackhawk
Colleagues: need some help here. I tried to utilize the search function, but was unsuccessful.

New-in-the-box, unfired, so-called old model large frame Vaquero, .45 Colt, 5.5" barrel, Bisley grip. Any idea as to value? All those that I see listed are the stainless steel/polished frames.

I have two small frame "Flat Top".44 Specials. When purchased, I was told that they were part of a special run for Lipsey'. One is a Bisley, s/n 520-232XX; the other a standard grip, s/n 520-190XX. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this and if they fall in the serial number range for these revolvers.

Appreciate any help.

chet15

Hawkeye
Ray Newman said:
Colleagues: need some help here. I tried to utilize the search function, but was unsuccessful.

New-in-the-box, unfired, so-called old model large frame Vaquero, .45 Colt, 5.5" barrel, Bisley grip. Any idea as to value? All those that I see listed are the stainless steel/polished frames.

I have two small frame "Flat Top".44 Specials. When purchased, I was told that they were part of a special run for Lipsey'. One is a Bisley, s/n 520-232XX; the other a standard grip, s/n 520-190XX. Does anyone know if there is any truth to this and if they fall in the serial number range for these revolvers.

Appreciate any help.

The earlier .44 Special was probably distributed by Lipsey's but might not have been... depends how late the gun shipped from Ruger.
And the later .44 Special could have been distributed by anybody (including Lipsey's).
Really, both guns look the same. Ruger just took the two models over when the Lipsey's contract was over.
Chet15

Sugar River

Buckeye
On the Flat Top 44 Specials from Lipsey all the ones I have came with an end label on the plastic box which
is dark yellow/orange vs the white labels on regular production items fron the same time frame.